Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants' Educational Foundation Scholarships
- Must be a UNF degree-seeking majoring in accounting either at the undergraduate-level or 5th –year student (MAcc or MBA with an accounting concentration)
- Must be a student member of the FICPA
- Must plan to enroll at UNF in 3000-6000 level accounting courses during the upcoming Fall 2016 semester
- Must have completed the junior year (90 semester hours) as of the beginning of Fall 2016
- Primarily intended for full-time students to be registered for twelve (12) or more undergraduate semester hours or nine (9) or more graduate semester hours during the Fall 2016 semester. Part-time students with a minimum of six (6) credit hours each term will be considered for a one-half scholarship.
- Must plan to sit for the CPA exam and be working towards fulfilling those requirements for certification in Florida
- Must indicate a desire to practice in the field of accounting
- Must indicate a desire to work in the State of Florida
- Must be a U.S. citizen or hold permanent residency status
- Must be a legal Florida resident
- Must demonstrate commitment to professional, community, and/or charitable activities
- Candidates are eligible for up to two (2) consecutive awards.
The granting of scholarships shall be on a basis of educational achievement, financial need, and demonstrated professional, social, and charitable activities. The Trustees recognize that need can vary dependent upon significant factors including geographical considerations, work-place conditions, current employment, dependents, other obligations of the student, and parental support or lack thereof.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND DEADLINE
Submit the following:
1) An original plus 3 copies of the complete application packet that includes:
B. An unofficial hardcopy of transcripts from each college attended (including UNF) with all accounting courses highlighted in yellowC. Up-to-date resume
- A completed word-processed application, and
2) One set of sealed academic transcripts from every college attended (including UNF) (submitted with your application)
Submit the above items to the Department of Accounting and Finance, 42/3001
Due by 9:00 A.M., Tuesday, March 1, 2016.
Questions? Contact Professor Diane Tanner at email@example.com