James Wilcox Endowment - Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ (FICPA)
Educational Foundation Scholarships
- Must be a UNF degree-seeking majoring in accounting 4th year (senior) student
- Must plan to pursue postgraduate accounting education (MAcc or MBA with an accounting concentration) at any accredited college or university in the State of Florida during the 2016-2017 academic year
- Must be a student member of the FICPA
- Preference given to African-American students
- Primarily intended for full-time students to be registered for nine (9) or more graduate semester hours during the Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 semesters. Part-time students with a minimum of six (6) credit hours each term will be considered for a one-half scholarship.
- Must plan to sit for the CPA exam and be working towards fulfilling those requirements for certification in Florida
- Must indicate a desire to practice in the field of accounting
- Must indicate a desire to work in the State of Florida
- Must be a U.S. citizen or hold permanent residency status
- Must be a legal Florida resident
· Must demonstrate commitment to professional, community, and/or charitable activities
The granting of scholarships shall be on a basis of educational achievement, financial need, and demonstrated professional, social, and charitable activities. The Trustees recognize that need can vary dependent upon significant factors including geographical considerations, work-place conditions, current employment, dependents, other obligations of the student, and parental support or lack thereof.
March 15, 2016.