The International Business major is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and experiences necessary to compete in a global job market. As part of the IB major, students are required to complete an international experience, an international internship, and demonstrate foreign language skills.
Foreign Language Requirements
International Business majors are required to reach a specified level of proficiency in a foreign language as a graduation requirement. Students with language background can have UNF determine their appropriate course level.
All International Business & Economics majors in the Coggin College of Business are required to have an international experience to graduate. Most students choose to fulfill this requirement by studying abroad.
Visit the Regional Studies Courses webpage for more information. Many students choose to fulfill this 6-hour requirement by studying abroad.
- Please see a Coggin Academic Advisor for an OFFICIAL degree evaluation. The below program is pending evaluation of official transcripts.
- You must complete prerequisites before registering for any course. Refer to the Course Catalog for details.
- View the My Osprey Map [Course Sequence Guide] to keep on track for graduation – should be used in consultation with an academic advisor after admission to UNF.
- A student may receive credit for a course only once. However, the GPA will reflect all repeated courses, unless grade/term forgiveness is utilized.
- This program is subject to a student fully admitted into the Coggin College of Business.
- An approved concurrent enrollment form is required prior to registering for courses at another institution. Students are not permitted to enroll in courses at another institution during their final semester at UNF.
Prerequisites (21 credits)
21 semester hours are required. A grade of "C" or better is required in all prerequisites.
- ACG2021 Prin of Financial Accounting (3 Credits)
- Acceptable substitute: ACGX021, ACGX022 or (ACGX001 and ACGX011)
- ACG2071 Prin Managerial Accounting (3 Credits)
- Acceptable substitution: (2-3 credit hours) ACGX071 or ACGX301
- CGS1100 Computer Applications for Busi (3 Credits)
- Acceptable substitute: (3-4 credit hours) CGSX100, CGSX530, CGSX570, CGSX060, CGSX531, CGSX000, CGSX100C or ISMX000 (or demonstrated competency)
- ECO2013 Principles of Macroeconomics (3 Credits)
- Acceptable substitute: ECOX013
- ECO2023 Principles of Microeconomics (3 Credits)
- Acceptable substitute: ECOX023
- MAC2233 (GM)Calculus for Business (3 Credits)
- Acceptable substitute: (3-4 credit hours) MACX233 or MACX230
- STA2023 (GM) Elem Statistics-Business (3 Credits)
- Acceptable substitute: (3-4 credit hours) STAX023, STAX122 or QMBX100
Core Requirements (18 credits)
18 semester hours are required. A grade of "C" or better is required in all core courses. MAN4720 is taken in a student's last semester. FIN3403, MAN3025, & MAR3023 must be completed Prior to taking MAN4720.
- A Mandatory Workshop for IB majors is required. Date and times of these workshops are listed in your Career Wings account.
- BUL3130 Legal Environment of Business (3 Credits)
- FIN3403 Financial Management (3 Credits)
- MAN3025 Administrative Management (3 Credits)
- MAR3023 Principles of Marketing (3 Credits)
- MAN3504 Operations Management (3 Credits)
- MAN4720 Strategic Mgmt Business Policy (3 Credits)
- You must pre-apply at www.unf.edu/coggin for MAN4720.
Major Requirements (12 credits)
12 semester hours are required **All International Business Majors are required to an approved internationl educational experience. Examples of approved experiences include the following:
- Successful completion of an internship abroad
- Successful participation in a Coggin-Sponsored semester abroad or "Coggin In..." summer program. (minimum of 4 weeks)
- Successful participation in a student exchange program abroad.
- studying another language abroad.
- IB majors must appy for a passport in 1st semester. - Fulfill 6 or more credits of these requirements by studying abroad! (visit website for available programs: www.unf.edu/coggin/abroad.) ** All International Business students are also required to complete the Star Certification program with the Coggin Career Management Center prior to starting the search for their mandatory internship.
- ECO3704 International Trade (3 Credits)
- FIN4604 International Finance (3 Credits)
- MAN4600 International Management (3 Credits)
- MAR4156 International Marketing (3 Credits)
Major Electives (6 credits)
(ECO3701 & GEO3553 are specifically excluded) A grade of "C" or better is reguired in all courses in this area. - Fulfill 3-6 credits of this requirement by studying abroad ! Consider a semester abroad or our 4-week "Coggin In ... " summer programs (visit website for available programs www.unf.edu/coggin/abroad.)
- SELECT 2 from list
- ACG4251, ACG4956, BUL4322, ECO4713, ECO4956, ECS3013, ECS3403, ECS3303, FIN4956,FRE3430, GEB4956, GEO3502, MAN4064, MAN4654, MAN4956. MAR4956, SPN3013, TAX4901, TRA4721 OR TRA4956
Internships (3 credits)
- Internship must be completed before final semester.
- GEB3361 International Business Interns (1-20 Credits)
Requisites (6 credits)
Select two foreign language courses at the intermediate level or above. Both courses must be in the same language. A grade of "C" of better is required for all courses in this area.
- SELECT* Intermediate I Foreign Lang.
- Take three credit hours: SPN2200/FRE2240/JPN2200/GER2200/CHI2200/POR2200/RUS2200
- SELECT** Intermediate II Foreign Lang.
- Take additional three credit hours of same Language: SPN2201/FRE2241/JPN2201/GER2201/CHI2201/POR2201/RUS2201
Required Business (6 credits)
Six semester hours are required. A grade of "C" or better is required for all courses in this area.
- ISM4011 Intro Management Info Systems (3 Credits)
- SELECT Select one course
- ECO3411 or MAN4550 (Formerly QMB4900)
Non-Business Requirements (3 credits)
- SPC4064 Public Speaking Professionals (3 Credits)
- If you took Public Speaking at the lower level (1000-2000) you may take any upper level (3000-4000) elective to replace SPC4064.
Non-Business Requirements (6 credits)
Select two courses (six hours) from one of the seven regional studies areas. One of the courses must satisfy the Coggin College of Business cultural diversity requirement. http://www.unf.edu/coggin/advising/regional_studies.aspx - Fulfill 3-6 credits of this requirement by studying abroad ! Consider a semester abroad or our 4-week "Coggin In .... " summer programs (visit website for available programs: www.unf.edu/coggin/abroad.)
- ASIAN Studies option
- EUROPEAN Studies
- LATIN AMER Studies Option
- MID EAST & African Studies option
- INTER REL International Relations Option
- FRENCH LAN French Language Option
- SPANISH Language Option
All International Business majors are required to have an international experience prior to graduation. Beginning in Fall 2013 IB majors must complete a minimum of 4 weeks abroad.