Have a non-business academic background and need to learn the language of business? Completing the MSM can help you develop core business skills that will make you stand out and empower you throughout your career.
Master of Science in Management
The Master of Science in Management (MSM) at the Coggin College of Business builds a bridge to business for recent graduates and working professionals with non-business academic backgrounds. Completing the program can help you to develop core business skills that will make you stand out and empower you in your first job and throughout your professional career.
The MSM Program is a generalist graduate business program designed specifically for individuals with non-business academic degrees. No professional work experience is required.
- 30 credit hour degree program
- Gain knowledge in all areas of business through core business curriculum – (24 credits)
- Gain industry specific knowledge through elective courses (6 credits) and extracurricular activities
- Part-time option to lengthen your studies to allow for internships or full-time work
- Career coaching provided by the Coggin Career Management Center staff
- Learn the language of business and gain a solid business background to open up advancement opportunities within your undergraduate major field
- Open career opportunities in the field of business which would have been unavailable without a graduate business degree
- Strengthen transferable skills to allow for employment in management
- Gain a network of contacts that will last a lifetime.
The program consists of 30 credit hours (24 core credits and 6 elective credits) designed to provide students with a solid business foundation. Upon completion of the required curriculum, students are awarded a Master of Science in Management. If students pursue an MBA degree, the 6 elective credits will count as MBA credits.
6000 Level Core Curriculum – Recommended Order of First 4 Course Sequence (12 hours)
- MAN 6002 Cornerstones of Management 3 hours
- ECO 6060 Economic Analysis (Macro & Micro) 3 hours
- MAR 6055 Fundamentals of Marketing 3 hours
- ACG 6005 Fundamentals of Financial Accounting 3 hours
6000 Level Core Curriculum – Recommended Order of Second 4 Course Sequence (12 hours)
- BUL 6138 Management in the Legal Environment 3 hours
- MAN 6536 Planning and Control of Business Processes 3 hours
- FIN 6407 Fundamentals of Financial Management 3 hours
- MAN 6724 Strategy for Business 3 hours
6000 Level MBA Core Curriculum Courses (6 Hours)
- ACG 6305 Management Accounting 3 hours
- ECO 6415 Making Decisions with Data 3 hours
- ECP 6705 Economics of Business Decisions 3 hours
- ISM 6021 Management of Information Technology 3 hours
- MAN 6204 Organizational Theory 3 hours
- MAR6805 Marketing Strategy 3 hours
A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or its equivalent from a foreign institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study.
Additional program requirements:
- Official transcripts from all attended institutions
Applicants not meeting the above GPA criteria may be admitted on an exception basis pending review of 1). two letters of recommendation from prior faculty and/or work supervisors and 2) a statement of purpose (two page maximum). This information can be submitted directly to Amy Bishop (email@example.com)
Attend one of our upcoming information sessions to learn more about graduate program offerings in the Coggin College of Business.
During the information sessions we cover:
- Highlights of Coggin graduate programs (MBA, Master of Science in Management, Master of Accountancy*, GlobalMBA*)
- In depth review of the MBA and Master of Science in Management programs
- UNF Graduate School Admissions process
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Graduate admissions test requirements including what to expect on the exams and tips for success
*Prospective students interested in these programs are encouraged to reach out directly to the Program Directors for more detailed information.
Upcoming Information Sessions
All information sessions are held from 6:00 - 7:00 P.M. in the Coggin College of Business Bldg 42, Room 2004. Click here to reserve your seat.
|February 21, 2018
|March 15, 2018
|April 16, 2018
|May 15, 2018
|June 20, 2018
|July 19, 2018
New Graduate Orientation
The Master of Science in Management orientation is a MANDATORY event held each semester for all incoming students. During this event you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet the Dean of the Coggin College of Business, the Graduate Business Program Director, and your Academic Advisor
- Learn about the Career Management Center, Study Abroad and other campus resources
- Take advantage of one on one advising
- Learn about course programming tips
- Early Registration (during the FALL and SPRING orientations)
The R.S.V.P. page will be updated with the next date once the current orientation date has passed:
- April 5, 2018 MsM (Summer 2018 and Fall 2018 Admits)
- May 16, 2018 MsM- Makeup orientation (Spring 2018 Admits)
Click here to R.S.V.P
Meet the Professors
Our knowledgeable MAcc professors are dedicated to providing UNF MAcc students with a world- class education. Whether a potential student is interested in climbing up the corporate ladder or owning their own business, the UNF MAcc professors have the industry experience and the educational background to aid their students in reaching their professional goals. Many of the UNF MAcc professors conduct their own extensive research in various business related fields. As a result of their dedication to the MAcc program, our professors have been the recipients of multiple awards including the Distinguished Professor Award, Outstanding Faculty Service Award, International Leadership Award, and the Prime F. Osborn, III Distinguished Business Leaders Award.