- welcome the international exchange students to UNF and help them adapt to American culture
- interact with students from the country where they plan on studying abroad so they can get to know the culture before they get there
- gain intercultural competencies that they might not otherwise get if they are not able to study abroad
Participation in Coggin Delegation includes:
- communication with international buddy before the start of the semester to assist with their adaption to American culture.
- interaction with international buddy throughout the semester. Participate in activities together on and off campus in order to get to know one another.
- attendance to Coggin Delegation events together.
To become a Coggin Delegation Member, please fill out the Coggin Delegation Application. Spring 2019 application will open in October.
From: Maracaibo, Venezuela (North of South America)
Travel: Mexico, Haiti, Puerto Rico, Grand Cayman Islands,
Aruba, Saint Maarten, Jamaica, Saint Thomas (US Virgin Islands), Bahamas,
Inside the US (Atlanta, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas)
Involvement on Campus:
I work as a part time student assistant at the UNF
International Center. Here, I mostly help with the recruitment of new
international student and with developing new strategies to brand UNF
internationally. As an International Student I love to help increasing the
international student population on campus.
I am part of the Coggin Mentor Program. This is a program
offered by Coggin College of Business where students are paired with
professionals from the Jacksonville Business Community, they serve as mentors
and help the student to achieve their professional goals. Also, I serve as a
College Leader for Young Life on campus.
On my free time I enjoy going kayaking at
Eco-Adventure, and I love to go watch the sunrise in Jax Beach. I am a very
outgoing person and I love making new friends from other countries.Evan Maslin
My name is Evan Maslin and
I’m a first-year student here at UNF. I’m originally from Binghamton, New York
and only recently came to Jacksonville. I’m a double major in International
Relations & Politics and Economics with a minor in Spanish. Over the years,
I’ve had the opportunity to travel to Canada, every state East of the
Appalachian Mountains (as well as a few to the West), and Mexico. While in
Mexico I navigated the Yucatán
Peninsula visiting major archeological sites like Chichén
Itzá. My best-friend is from Poland and I have others from around the world
including from countries such as Guatemala and India. In the spring I will be
taking a trip to Poland and am currently exploring possibly studying abroad
there myself. Some of my favorite things to do are talk politics, go to the
beach, play soccer, and learn foreign languages.