Samuel Peluso, Retired Director, Risk Manager - Merrill Lynch and Co.
Merrill Lynch Credit Corporation • Director/Manager of Securities Based Lending Department, Jacksonville, FL
Responsible for managing and leading the loan pledge process for MLCC’s mortgage customers.
Director, Risk Manager
Secondary Marketing Department, Merrill Lynch Credit Corp, Jacksonville, FL
Designed and executed hedging strategies for mortgage pipeline and warehouse.
• Created new Risk Management function within Merrill Lynch Credit Corporation. Responsible for developing a risk plan and trading limits.
• Successfully managed one billion dollar long and short hedge position.
• Achieved zero trading errors for years consecutively.
Director BCC, Head of Trading
Broadcort Capital Corp., Fixed Income & Equity Trading Desk, New York, NY
Coordinated and executed orders for BCC’s introducing Firms, as well as Citation soft dollar accounts.
• Recognized as one of the top three soft dollar firms on Wall Street.
Vice President, Head of Trading
Government Retail Trading Desk, New York, NY
Managed short and long position limits and Profit and Loss for Trading Desk.
• Managed and trained six traders.
• Never had a year where the desk lost money.
Vice President, National Product Manager
Corporate, Government, and Mortgage Bonds, New York, NY
Responsible for coordinating each of the trading desks with the institutional sales force.
• Staffed, managed, and trained 18 specialists to market desk inventory to Merrill’s accounts.
Vice President, National Sales/Marketing Manager
Federal Financing Department, New York, NY
Directed the national sales/marketing and origination effort for all Federal Financing Programs, including SBA, Farm Credit, and Title XI Ship Financing.
Assistant Vice President
Government Securities Trading, New York, NY
As a Market Specialist, key area of responsibility was to expand government coverage nationally.
• Developed and conducted a 5-day Bond Seminar for Merrill Fixed Income sales force and clients.
• Trained over 2000 portfolio managers representing Banks, Savings &Loans, Money Managers, Insurance Companies and International Governments.
• Created a highly effective 15-minute training tape for Ginny Mae securities for sales force and clients.
Retail Sales Department, Newark, NJ
Responsible for successfully developing and maintaining accounts at the retail level.
• Ranked in top quintile for both production and opening new accounts.
Education and Licensure and Military Service:
Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH
• Bachelor of Science; Economic Major, Accounting MinorLicenses
• Series 7, Series 63, Series 66, Series 24 General PrincipalUnited States Naval Officer
• Member Merrill’s Quarter Century Club
• Member of Board of FINRA Arbitrators
• Member of the Navy League of the U.S.
• Past Member of Foster Care Citizen Review Panel in Jacksonville