Dr. Marsha H. Lupi TLO International Travel Scholarship
- Applicant must first be accepted to participate in the COEHS Study Abroad Trip (e.g., Plymouth).
- In order to participate in a study abroad, the student will have already met other required criteria (i.e., GPA, credit hours, etc.).
- The Dr. Marsha H. Lupi TLO International Travel Scholarship is a one-time scholarship award and is not renewable.
- Applicant awarded the Dr. Marsha H. Lupi TLO International Travel Scholarship must complete an application, compose an essay, and write a thank you letter to the Donor upon completion of his/her trip addressing how the travel abroad experience impacted him/her and the significance of having received the scholarship.
- It is the Donor’s preference to first award a selected participant from the Plymouth Study Abroad experience as long as the trip continues to be in existence.
APPLICATION INFORMATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Scholarship Application (condensed version of COEHS Scholarship/Fellowship application).
Essay (please see essay requirements below).
- Upon returning, you must write a thank you letter to the Donor expressing how the travel abroad experience impacted you and the significance of receiving the scholarship (what it meant to you).
- Essays are limited to two double-spaced pages and must be typed using standard font (e.g., TNR 12 font).
- Essays for the Dr. Marsha H. Lupi TLO International Travel Scholarship should address the following:
- Provide a brief background (if any) of any travel in U.S. and outside of U.S.
- Provide the name of your upcoming international study abroad trip along with details on where and when your trip will take place. Briefly describe what it means to you to have been selected to partake in this upcoming experience.
- Describe why you chose to participate in an international study abroad experience.
- Describe why you would be a good candidate to receive this scholarship.
- Describe how you will benefit from this scholarship (both academically and professionally).
- Describe how this scholarship will help you obtain your goals (both short and long term).
- This is a one-time award. No student will be eligible for renewal.