Graduate Assistantship Packages
For the coming academic year, the College of Education and Human Services anticipates awarding several graduate assistantship packages, which include a $5,000 stipend per semester, plus a 75% tuition waiver for graduate students enrolled in at least 9 credits per semester. All of these packages are for students enrolled in UNF graduate programs. Eligible students may reapply each year.
Graduate Assistant Duties
Graduate assistants are assigned to faculty and work as a research assistant or a teaching assistant, depending on the needs of the faculty person. Graduate assistants are expected to work approximately 20 hours per week for a maximum of 300 hours total for each semester. The work is compensated at the rate of $16.67 per hour or a total of $5000 over the course of the semester.
Eligibility requirements for all graduate assistantship packages are as follows. The applicant must:
- Be a fully admitted student to a UNF graduate program
- Be a full-time graduate student enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours per semester;
- Have a minimum admission GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Requirements for continued eligibility for the remainder of the award period: The award recipient must:
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale while enrolled in the graduate program;
- Maintain full-time enrollment in a UNF graduate program (minimum of 9 credit hours per semester);
- Maintain satisfactory performance as a graduate assistant.
Application process- Applications are available on-line
- Prospective students will complete the COEHS Graduate Assistantship form
- Submit the completed application form plus your resume and a 1-page letter of intent (eg. Professional goals, skills/experience that would allow you to be successful in the position, why you should receive the award) to the COEHS Dean’s Office, Attn: Katie LeGros (email@example.com) or hard copies will also be accepted in Building 57, 3rd Floor Dean’s Office Suite, Room 3600.
- Applications received by the COEHS Dean’s Office will be acknowledged vie e-mail.
QUESTIONS? If interested in more information, please contact the UNF Dean’s Office at (904) 620-2520, or e-mail Katie LeGros at firstname.lastname@example.org.