APPROVED: DSC 12/08/03; DTF 3/04/04; DTF 4/08/09
Doctoral program faculty sponsors may approve a student's request to transfer a maximum of six semester hours of graduate credit earned from another institution provided:
- The student's faculty sponsor judges the course work to be relevant to the student's doctoral program
- The course work was taken at a regionally accredited institution that offers post master's degree programs
- A grade of B or better was earned in each course transferred
- Transferred course credits were earned post‑master's degree
- Graduate credits transferred were completed no more than five years prior to the semester in which the student is admitted to the program
- Courses were not used to satisfy the requirements for a degree program.
Some program requirements may be waived based on previous coursework upon the recommendation of the faculty sponsor or research mentor and approval of the program director.