Educational Technology, Training and Development
The Educational Technology, Training and Development program centers upon preparing professionals to enhance and support the academic and career development of students and adult learners in a variety of settings with the effective application of technology. The program offers opportunities to explore the nature of teaching and learning with technology, with digital media, telecommunications, and leadership in instructional technology. The Instructional Technology program prepares professionals to:
- serve as a classroom, school or district level educational technology specialist;
- improve their abilities as classroom teachers to apply technology to teaching and learning;
- develop expertise in design and implementation of technology-supported learning in business and other non-school settings;
- develop skills for integrating technology as a trainer or instructor
- become managers of educational technology resources and solution providers
UNF’s Educational Technology Courses are for:
- Teachers seeking recertification in any field at any level
- Teachers seeking courses in a graduate degree
- Teachers seeking expanded technology experience and confidence
- Educators wishing to improve their abilities to apply technology to teaching and learning.
UNF’s Educational Technology Track is for:
- Educators who wish to serve as a classroom, school or district level educational technology specialist
- Professionals who want to develop expertise in design and implementation of technology-supported learning in business and other non-school settings
- Individuals who want to develop skills for integrating technology as a trainer or instructor
- Professionals who want to become managers of educational technology resources and solution providers.
The graduate degree in Educational Technology, Training and Development is a master's program that encourages students to improve their professional practice using learning theory, technology, and leadership skills. The program will bring together a geographically and professionally diverse community, providing flexible online format options for selected courses.
The program is open to students who have a strong interest in technology and desire to take on leadership, adult training, and development roles. The program is designed for educators in K-12, higher education, community agencies, and business settings.
The program began in Fall of 2007. The courses are taught by UNF faculty who have expertise in their educational specialties and in online teaching and learning. A portion of the program will be delivered using synchronous and asynchronous media and communication tools.
The application process is through Graduate Admission. For questions or information about the program please contact Dr. Terence Cavanaugh (email@example.com) for more information.