Minor in Early Childhood Education
The minor in early childhood provides content knowledge and
skills for students interested in working with young children, their
families and communities. The coursework is designed to increase student
understanding of young children, provide opportunities for advocacy in
the community and grow personally.
Minor: Early Childhood Education
Minor: Early Childhood Education (18 credits)
- Conditions to the minor: No more than 6 credit hours are allowed to be transferred in from another institution. These transfer courses must be preapproved. A cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required for the minor. Some minor courses require an override from the College of Education and Human Services prior to registration. Some minor courses require an override from the College of Education and Human Services prior to registration.
CHOOSE 6 Credits of the following:
- EEC 4244 Int Soc Studies, Art/Music (6 credits)
- EEC 4213 Teaching Beginning Readg & Writing (6 credits)
- EEC 4210 Math, Science & Social Studies (6 credits)
- EEC 4054 Early Childhood Ldshp in Comm. Svc (3 credits)
- EDG 4905 Individual Investigation and Study (3 credits)
REQUIRED These are required courses:
- EEC 3266 Program Planning for Infants, Toddlers & Yg
- EEC 3408 Family School Partnerships
- EEC 4260 Teaching the Whole Child
- LAE 3210 Foundations of Literacy .