Volunteer Guidelines For Joe Berg Seminars
The Museum of Science and History (MOSH) utilizes its volunteers for a variety of services to the Museum. As a volunteer you are expected to represent the Museum as if you were an employee. We realize that you are giving your time and effort without monetary compensation so we want to make your volunteer experience enjoyable. Only a few guidelines are in place to assist with that experience, and they are as follows:
- If you sign up for an event, you are committed to that event.
- If you can not attend an event for which you have volunteered, please call the volunteer coordinator in advance. We realize situations will occur which are out of your control.
- If you must call to cancel and receive the volunteer coordinator's voice mail, please leave your name, phone number, and that you are a member of Joe Berg.
- Please dress appropriately. A polo shirt and khaki pants for the men, and a nice blouse and pants for the women is acceptable. Jeans, cut-off shorts, T-shirts, and tank tops are unacceptable. Dress shoes are also acceptable. Please do not wear sneakers. If your volunteer commitment requires maintenance or cleaning, you will be notified in advance. In most instances you will be greeting guests at the front door. You will be the first people our Museum patrons will see. Please dress accordingly.
- Sign-in at the front desk. Museum staff may request you sign a hard copy or use a desk-top computer sign in. Sign out with staff before leaving. We request that you arrive ten minutes before your scheduled time (i.e. a 10:00 event means you arrive at 9:50). If you fail to sign in or out, you will not get credit for that event.
- Sign-up sheets may be provided at some seminars for specific events. Other times we will be requested to direct you to sign up on a MOSH computer prior to seminars.
Volunteer time and commitment to MOSH is appreciated.