Raymond Bowman Pre-Professional Scholarship
This scholarship was established in honor of Dr. Ray Bowman, former Director of the Pre-Med Program and UNF Professor Emeritus of Chemistry, to provide assistance to University of North Florida students in the Pre-Med program.
1. Students eligible for such scholarships must:
- meet current UNF admissions requirements and be accepted to the University of North Florida,
- be enrolled full time at UNF and have a UNF science and math GPA of 3.5 and an overall GPA of 3.3,
- express an intent to apply to a medical professional program upon graduation (medicine, dentistry, optometry, physician assistance, pharmacy, podiatry or veterinary medicine) with preference being given to those who seek to become dentists or pharmacists, and
- have completed 24 credit hours of the 36 credit hours represented in the following premed courses: General Chemistry I, General Chemistry II, Calculus I, General Biology I, General Biology II, Physics I, Physics II, Organic Chemistry I and Organic Chemistry II.
2. Students awarded this scholarship must also agree to:
- Comply with all University Regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus,
- Consent to release grades to the Division of Institutional Advancement for the purpose of reporting to donors, and
- Remain in good standing as a student.
3. Required Application Attachments
- An essay responding to the following questions:
- Why do you wish to be a physician (dentist, pharmacist, etc.)?
- Other than helping you prepare for a career in the health professions, how is your college experience important to you?