Lex Hester Endowed Fellowship for Public Administration
Established in 2004, this gift by the Friends of Lex Hester, provides a fellowship for a graduate student seeking a Master of Public Administration. Hester was a longtime public official and highly respected leader in Northeast Florida.
1. Students eligible for such scholarships must:
- Meet admissions requirements for the Masters in Public Administration and be accepted to the University of North Florida,
- Reside in Florida for tuition purposes, and
- Be selected by a review committee appointed by the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
2. Students awarded this scholarship must also agree to:
- Enroll for minimum of 6 credit hours in the fall and spring semesters of the scholarship year, and earn a minimum of 18 credit hours by the end of each academic year,
- Maintain a cumulative MPA program GPA of 3.0,
- Comply with all University regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus,
- Consent to release grades to the Division of Institutional Advancement for the purpose of reporting to the donor, and Remain in good standing as a student.
3. Required Application Attachments
- Submit a short (no more than two-three pages) essay explaining their career goals in the public or non-profit sector, and why they would be a good choice for selection as a Lex Hester scholar;
- Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with their academic or work performance. The letters of recommendation may be the same letters used for admission to the MPA program.
- Yes, with preference, for a maximum of six semesters.