Jacksonville Medical Club Scholarship
Established by the Jacksonville Medical Club to provide assistance to University of North Florida students in the Pre-Med program.
1. Students eligible for such scholarships must:
- Meet admissions requirements and be accepted to the University of North Florida,
- Express intent to apply to a medical professional program upon graduation with preference being given to those who seek to become physicians,
- Complete 24 credit hours of the 36 credit hours represented in the following Pre-med courses: General Chemistry I, General Chemistry II, Calculus I, General Biology I, General Biology II, Physics I, Physics II, Organic Chemistry I and Organic Chemistry II, and
- Enrolled full time at UNF, have a science and math course GPA of 3.7 and an overall GPA of 3.5., with first preference being given to qualified students who have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and demonstrate financial need as defined by the University's Office of Financial Aid. Second preference will be given to students who meet the prior qualifications but who do not demonstrate financial need.
2. Students awarded this scholarship must also agree to:
- Enroll full-time (12 credit hours) each semester and earn a minimum of 24 credits by the end of each academic year,
- Maintain an overall cumulative GPA of 3.3,
- Comply with all University Regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus,
- Consent to release grades to the Division of Institutional Advancement for the purpose of reporting to donors, and
- Remain in good standing as a student.
3. Required Application Attachments
- An essay responding to the following questions,
- Why do you wish to be a physician (dentist, pharmacist, etc.)?
- Other than helping you prepare for a career in the health professions, how is your college experience important to you?
- Yes, no more than four semesters.