This is a competitive, merit-based award, which will support undergraduate students engaged in independent, scholarly and/or creative projects that will enrich their academic learning and personal development. Scholarship recipients will receive $1,000 to support their study, while their faculty mentors will receive $500 for their support and guidance of the project.
1. Students eligible for such scholarships must:
2. Application Requirements
1. Project Description: Clearly explain the purpose of your project including pertinent literature, hypotheses, and the significance of your proposed project to its discipline.
2. Methods: Clearly describe how you plan to accomplish your project. Be as specific as possible. (For example, if you plan to conduct a survey, indicate how you will select a sample population and how you will analyze your data). In writing-oriented projects, make sure the investigative approach or comparison you intend is part of a clearly focused discussion.
3. Time Schedule: Provide a specific timetable for implementing the various steps of your project.
4. Budget: Provide a detailed budget to cover supplies, equipment, travel expenses, per diem, or expenses related to attending conventions, festivals, etc..
5. Student Background: Include a copy of your UNF transcript and transcripts from any other colleges or universities from which you have received academic credit. Identify the courses and other experiences that will enable you to accomplish this project. Be thorough. This also is an opportunity to address any cause for concern or inconsistency in your academic record and to convince the Council of your interest and ability to carry out the proposed project.
6. Importance to Student: Explain what aspects of this project you believe will be transformational for you and why, and what role it will play in your personal, academic, and/or professional development.
If you have questions or would like more information please contact Barbra Luce-Turner, Director of Development for The College of Arts & Sciecnes at (904) 620-2596 or email@example.com.
Copyright © 2012 University of North Florida1 UNF Drive | Jacksonville, FL 32224 | Phone: (904) 620-1000
Contact | Emergency | Privacy | RegulationsDisability Accommodations