UNF Math Center and Lounge
UNF Math Center and Lounge is a place where students enrolled in math/stat classes can receive assistance in addition to the scheduled instruction in their classes and lab meetings. The Lounge serves as the tutoring area where students can come to receive scheduled or drop-in help. Some of the services offered by the Math Center are:
- Math tutoring: Scheduled or drop-in
- Scheduled classes: In the computer lab
- Help/review sessions: In the Lounge
- Workshops: On topics that would serve the entire campus, students and faculty
- Events: On special days, such as Pi Day
- Talks: On topics that are of interest to campus given by invited faculty members
- Research consulting: For faculty members who are trying to connect with a suitable math/stat faculty on a specific topic
Once you have signed up for New Student Orientation you can access the ALEKS math placement exam through the Math Placement Course in Canvas located in your myWings account. We strongly encourage you to utilize the practice modules to develop your math skills. The math test is a review of Algebra II. Please study the following concepts: exponential rules (multiplication and division); scientific notation; factoring; two equations with two unknowns; linear inequalities; percentages; rational expressions (multiplication, addition and subtraction); equations with radicals; addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of polynomials; quadratic inequalities; functions; rational fractions; slopes and equations of lines; perpendicular and parallel lines; and solving equations with radicals.
ALEKS math placement concordance chart
Midterm and final exam prep
Meetings and events
Pi Day Workshops Talks
Middle/HS Math days
Math Teachers' Workshop
Student Clubs at UNF
American Mathematical Society
Association for Women in Mathematics
Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
Staff: Dr. Richard Patterson, Director
Location: Building 15, Room 2102
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mon. – Fri.
Want to work at the Math Center? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.