This page lists graduate degree and certificate programs in eight areas: Education, Intelligence Studies/Cybersecurity, International Affairs/International Relations, International Business, Non-Profit Management, Public Administration, Public Health, and Sustainability. These categories, and the listings they contain, are not exhaustive, but rather suggest possible graduate school and professional directions for International Studies students.
In each category, we have listed programs from a selection of institutions (FSU, UCF, UF, UNF, and USF) within the State University System of Florida. Students who have successfully completed the Bachelor of
Arts in International Studies at UNF can apply to all programs on this page
without additional coursework, with the exception of certain cybersecurity
programs. For those, students can generally apply and be accepted, but must fulfill any needed undergraduate prerequisites before beginning the graduate coursework.
Students interested in researching other possible graduate programs at these or other institutions may consult GradSchools.com and Peterson's, and may also seek assistance through the COAS Center for Career Excellence. For more information, contact Vivian Senior.
While we endeavor to keep the information here current, please consult the websites of the individual programs for the most up-to-date information. Any problems with this list may be reported to Clayton McCarl, director of the UNF International Studies Program.
This resource was first developed by Erin Steinmetz, International Studies program intern, in the fall of 2016.
• A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or its equivalent with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in work attempted in last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study
• Official transcripts from all institutions
• Total program hours: 18
• Program length generally one year or longer
• May be opportunities to work in China, Korea, or Mexico while completing certificate
For those who have a bachelor’s degree outside teaching, but wish to be certified teachers.
• A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or its equivalent with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in work attempted in last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study OR
• An earned graduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.5 for all coursework
• Must pass the General Knowledge Test (a portion of the Florida Teacher Certification Exam) OR
• Passing scores on test sections of the GRE
• Total program hours: 53
• Two letters of recommendation
• Background questionnaire
• Total program hours: 30-36
• Thesis and Non-Thesis options
• Total program hours: 12
Program Overview: • Total program hours: 30 hours fully online• Major research areas:o Cybersecurityo Secure Softwareo Intelligenceo Disaster Recoveryo Digital Forensicso National Securityo Cryptography
Program Overview: • Total program hours: 36 hours• Online program• Concentrations:o Strategic Intelligenceo Cyber Intelligence
Program Overview: • Total program hours: 35
Program Overview: • Total program hours: 18
• GMAT test scores (30 verbal and 29 quantitative minimum) OR GRE test scores
• Letter of Intent
• Two letters of recommendation (from academic sources)
• Total program hours: 36
• Program length generally two years
• Interdisciplinary degree
• Three letters of recommendation
• GRE scores
• Personal statement (at least one page)
o Must convey intellectual ambitions
o How the program satisfies the student’s interests.
o How the student will contribute to the program
• Total program hours: 36 hours
• Thesis and non-thesis options available.
• GRE (verbal and quantitative)
• Proficiency in a modern foreign language
• Total program hours: 32/30
• Thesis and non-thesis options
• GRE (verbal and quantitative) taken in the last five years
• A personal statement (500 words)
o Areas of research interest in PS
o Faculty with whom they would like to work
o Describe academic and professional experiences and future career goals
• Total program hours: 33
• Thesis and non-thesis options.
• Must have an undergraduate background in political science
International Business/Business Administration
Program Overview: • Total program hours: 36• Career coaching provided by the Coggin Career Management Center staff• Graduate Assistantships program available• Concentrations: o E-Businesso Economicso International Businesso Logisticso Marketing
Program Overview: • Total program hours: 30• Traditional and Graduate Dual degrees options
Program Overview: • Total program hours: 39• Non-thesis• Three study options:o Professional Part-Time MBA (at regional campuses and downtown)o Professional Full-Time MBA (at regional campuses and downtown)o Executive MBA (at the Executive Development Center in downtown Orlando)o Accredited by AACSB International• Internship options available for the Evening MBA track
Program Overview: • Total program hours: 32• SACS and AACSB International accredited • Thesis and non-thesis options• Concentrations: o Sport Businesso Supply Chain Management o Data Analyticso Cybersecurityo Compliance, Risk Management & Anti-Money Laundering
Program Overview: • Several program options to fit any schedule need, ranging from 32 to 48 credit hours and one year to 27 month programs• Concentrations:o Competitive Strategyo Global Managemento Graham-Buffett Security Analysiso International Studieso Latin American Businesso Managemento Marketing
Program Overview: • Total program hours: 39 (generally)• Several track options and customizations available (with program director approval)
• Total program hours: 12
• 1-2 semesters
• The courses in this program can also be applied toward degree credit in the UNF Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree program.
• Statement of goals (no longer than two pages)
o What is your reason for pursuing graduate study in Non-Profit Management?
o What specific areas of NPM interest you?
o Nonprofit sector experience preferred, but not required.
o What makes you a special candidate for admission to the program?
• Program is completely online
• Program is completely online
For those wishing to work in policy, security, or non-profit management.
• Total program hours: 42
• Program length of two years
o Generalist Option
o Health Administration
o Local Government Policy and Administration
o National Security
o Non-Profit Management
o Public Policy
• GRE test scores recommended
• One-page career statement
• Two letters of recommendation (at least one from faculty member)
• Executive Public Administration Concentration: at least 5 years of cumulative experience in public service
• Approval by M.P.A. Admissions Committee (possibility of an admissions interview)
• Total program hours: 36/42
o Traditional M.P.A. – 36 credits
o Online Concentration in Executive Public Administration (EPA) – 42 credits
• Goal Statement (500-800 words)
o Personal background and career aspirations in public service
o Reasons for pursuing graduate study in public administration, including future career goals and plans
o Specific areas of public administration that interests you
• Current professional Resume
• Three letters of recommendation specifically for the MPA program
• Students must achieve a grade of "B-" (80%) or higher in every course listed under core requirements and in the Capstone Experience (PAD 6062).
• Students must maintain a program of study and graduate status GPA of 3.0 or higher and can only graduate with a graduate status GPA of 3.0 or higher.
UF – Graduate Certificate in Public Affairs
• Part of the Political Science department
• Passing GRE test scores
• Career goal statement
• (Where relevant) Evidence of prior professional work experience
• Classes typically offered during evenings and weekends.
For more information:
• GRE test scores ONLY (153 verbal and 144 quantitative) – no other test can substitute
• Letter of intent describing:
o Reasons for seeking an MPH degree
o Short and long-term goals
• Two letters of recommendations
• Total program hours: 45
o Health Promotion/Health Education
• Total program hours: 15
• All Applicants must take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or an equivalent five years before application
o Epidemiology and Global Health
o Epidemiology and Global Communicable Diseases
o Global Communicable Diseases
o Epidemiology and Maternal and Child Health
o Global Health Practice
o Global Disaster Management and Humanitarian Relief, and Homeland Security
o Health Care Organizations and Management
o And others...
o Community and Family Health
o Environmental and Occupational Health
o Epidemiology and Biostatistics
o Global Health
o Health Policy and Management
UCF – Global Health and Public Affairs Graduate Certificate
The Global Health and Public Affairs Certificate is a new program starting Spring 2017.
• Admission is open to students admitted to a master’s or doctorate degree program in UCF's College of Health and Public Affairs, College of Nursing and the College of Medicine.
o Global Public Affairs
o Global Health Affairs
• A score near or at the 50th percentile on the GRE
• Personal statement
• An efolio will be constructed by each student through his or her course of study
• Satisfactory GRE scores
• English Proficiency
• Strong professional interest in at least one of the public health concentrations
• Total program hours: 48
o Environmental Health
o Public Health Policy and Management
o Public Health Practice
o Social and Behavioral Sciences
• Traditional, Online, and Accelerated options
A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or its equivalent with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in work attempted in last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study
Official transcripts from all institutions
Two letters of recommendation
Portfolio – applicant may provide a portfolio demonstrating prior work that focuses on sustainability
GRE is NOT required
• Fully Online
o Building Sustainable Enterprise
oClimate Change and Sustainability
o Coastal Sustainability
o Food Sustainability and Security
o Sustainable Energy
o Sustainable Tourism
o Sustainable Transportation
Copyright © 2018 University of North Florida1 UNF Drive | Jacksonville, FL 32224 | Phone: (904) 620-1000
Regulations | Consumer InformationWebsite Accessibility |