Through the first and second phases of
data collection, it was found that approximately 140 faculty hold
approximately 223 positions as consultants or board members for
Jacksonville area non-profit or business organizations. The
organizations that faculty and staff work with are as varied as the
individuals. They include the First Coast Manufacturing Association,
Landstar Trucking, Florida Family Resource Coalition, the Military
Officers’ Association of America, Jacksonville Regional Chamber of
Commerce, the Cummer Art Gallery, and the Work Development Commission.
According to the faculty survey, faculty spent approximately 1,769 hours
in 2007 serving on non-profit or business boards. It is clear that
these numbers will increase as more detailed data on University staff is
collected in future research phases.
Brooks College of Health
- AKH Healthcare
- Life Care of St. Johns, Inc.
- Military Officers' Association of America, Mayport Chapter
- Mission House
- Jacksonville Dietetic Association
- Nemours Children’s Clinic
Coggin College of Business
- First Coast Roundtable - Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals
- VyStar Credit Union
- Jacksonville International Business Coalition
- Federal Reserve of Atlanta – Jacksonville Branch
College of Arts and Sciences
- Landstar Trucking
- Institute of Government in the Jacksonville Small Business Center Project
- Timucuan Historic and Ecological Preserve
- Jacksonville Community Council, Inc.
- Museum of Contemporary Art in Jacksonville
College of Computing, Engineering, and Construction
- Jacksonville Chapter of the Institute of Electronical and Electronics Engineers
- NE Florida Executive Board of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- KISS Institute for Practical Robotics
College of Education and Human Services
- Jacksonville Urban League
- Literacy Pros of Jacksonville, Inc.
- Arc Jacksonville
- Women's Center of Jacksonville
- Cultural Council of Jacksonville
- First Coast Manufacturing Association
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce
- Statewide Banner Logistics Committee
- City of Jacksonville
See Appendix A for a complete list.