Clickers for Students
Which Clicker to Buy Clickers and ResponseWare
If your professor requires the handheld clicker device, students should purchase a Turning Technologies QT2 clicker.
These clickers will NOT work on our campus:
How to Purchase Clickers or ResponseWare
You can purchase a Turning Point QT2 clicker device and required subscription from the following places:
- UNF Bookstore
- Turning Technologies Web Store (UNF School Code: uNF2)
- From Other Students: Sometimes students will sell their clickers when they are done using them. This is usually okay, as long as you are not trying to share one clicker with a friend at the same time. If you purchase a clicker second-hand you must purchase a license separately through TurningTechnologies.
*Note: If you purchases a clicker second-hand, some device settings may need to be reset for the clicker to function properly. You will also need to purchase a subscription from the bookstore or turning technologies to use your clicker. Subscriptions cannot be transferred between students. Please see the help section for more information.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT PURCHASING RESPONSEWARE:
Make sure that your instructor allows ResponseWare before purchasing an access code.Not all professors allow ResponseWare.
Students can purchase a ResponseWare code from Turning Technologies.
Students cannot share clickers. Students must each have their own device. Clickers are registered in Canvas courses and tied to a student in a class roster. You may not share one clicker device among multiple people.
How to Register Clicker in Canvas
Purchase a QT2 clicker device.
Log into your Canvas course that you will be using clickers for
Click on Modules.
Navigate to the Clicker Registration module
Click on the link to the Turning Technologies Registration
Verify your information and select STUDENT as your role from the dropdown menu, click "Create Account" -- you MUST use your UNF email address.
Enter the device ID from the back of your clicker. It is a 6 digit code of letters and numbers. Enter your subscription code.
Complete your registration by clicking the green Register button.
How to set up ResponseWare
IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure that your instructor allows ResponseWare before purchasing an access code. Not all professors allow ResponseWare.
Troubleshooting and Help
How to change clicker ID
Your Device ID is located on the back of your clicker underneath the barcode. It is a six-digit combination of letters and numbers. It can be changed internally by following the steps below. If you bought your clicker used, there is a chance the Id has been changed and you will need to change it back to the ID on the back of the device to use it in class.
- Click the wrench icon on the right side of the clicker screen.
- Use the left and right arrows to navigate through the menu options until you reachvYour ID.
- Click Enter.
- You can now type in your N#, name or other identifying information that your professor requests.
- Once you have entered the information, click the Enter button and wait until the check mark appears on the screen
If you need to reset your ID to match the ID on the back of the device follow these steps:
How to change the channel on the clicker
To change the channel on a clicker:
- Select the Channel button on the left side of the clicker.
- When prompted, type in the new channel number.
- Click Enter.
If you are continuing to have trouble and need more support, follow these instructions:
Please follow these resources for help with your clicker.
- First check Canvas to see if your grades are visible in the Grade Center.
- Confirm that you have the correct Device ID registered in your Turning Technologies accont. If you mistyped the Device ID, you can update the code and Canvas will sync your clicker data.
- Visit the Turning Technologies Support Center Online
- Call Turning Technologies Tech Support
- +1-866-746-3015 (Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 9pm EST)
- Let your professor know that you are having a problem and that you have contacted the Tech Support line.