CIRT provides a wide range of services related to use of digital video:
- Planning video projects
- Filming at the CIRT Studio or the Online Learning Lab
- Editing video
- Saving the video to a shareable format
- Publishing videos to online services (Arc, YouTube) or physical media (DVDs)
- We also have a wide variety of video equipment available for checkout
We do not film classes or events, but can help you identify resources for those types of projects.
The term "digital video" is generally used to describe a video file that a computer or other electronic device can read. CIRT's Creative Team has extensive video resources and experience in producing and editing video projects.
Digital video allows instructors to include visually engaging material into their teaching and research. Through its flexibility, video can be used to demonstrate techniques, create course introductions, record lectures, and much more. Video elements can easily be added to a Canvas course or shared online through websites like YouTube or Vimeo.
Video files can come from many places. They can be captured from VHS tapes, copied from a DVD, downloaded from the internet or recorded with a camcorder, smartphone or camera. To turn video recordings into usable assets, some editing will likely be needed. CIRT uses professional editing software to enhance and build the final video project file.
- CIRT Video Studio: The CIRT Video studio is a flexible recording space that features green screen technology. This area is ideal for filming course introductions, announcements or other similar videos. Faculty may book appointments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Learning Lab: The OLL is a new space open to faculty for content creation through a variety of media. Ideal for lecture recordings, demonstrations or telepresence, this area is available for booking online.
Examples of Video Projects produced by CIRT
If you need help with video creation and publishing, want to consult on a project, or simply have questions, contact us at email@example.com.