Online learning brings the classroom to you. It's a flexible and effective way to get a quality education - without the additional stress of rearranging your entire schedule. UNF Continuing Educations offers programs that meet the needs of in-demand careers. We also partner with national leaders of online education to offer you a comprehensive library of practical, career enhancing programs. If you want to earn a nationally recognized certification, enhance your skillset or simply have a passion for learning, our courses provide you with the quality, in-depth education you deserve.
We're pleased to announce an exciting new partnership with Career Step. Career Step’s online career training is available for careers in healthcare, administration and technology. Over the 20 years since its founding, more than 100,000 students have chosen Career Step as their online career school for its flexibility and the opportunity to be career-ready in a year or less. More than 900 employers have hired graduates.
Career Step is 100% committed to education and the difference it can make in someone’s life, and our company’s mission, values, and efforts focus on making education available to more people and improving our students’ learning experiences.
Train with UNF and Career Step for a career in medical coding and learn the specialized skills you need to assign the standardized codes used to bill for healthcare services. With over 41,100 new jobs* expected in this field by 2022, the rapidly expanding healthcare industry relies on these professionals.
– Some of the largest and most respected healthcare employers in the nation are using this curriculum to train their employees. Our graduates are also often hired to work remotely immediately after graduation by IOD Incorporated. Choose training employers prefer!
– Our program was built by experts with decades of experience to ensure you gain the skills you need to excel in this field, and your instructors are available by phone, email, and chat to help you learn the material.
– Graduate prepared to earn your Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Associate (CCA) credentials and prove you have the skills employers are looking for.
– Approved by the American Health Information Management Association, our medical coding training program has been shown to prepare students for national certification and employment.
The additional PCS training included in our Professional Medical Coding and Billing with Applied PCS program puts you a step ahead in the job market because most entry-level coding certificates do not include this ICD-10-PCS training. With this course, you'll be prepared to work in both physician practices and hospitals, making you more flexible as you consider job options, as well as advancement opportunities.
Gain the knowledge and skills you need to start a rewarding career as a pharmacy technician. With more than 70,700 new pharmacy technician jobs* expected nationwide by 2022, you'll be in demand and a valuable member of the healthcare team.
– Enjoy the flexibility of studying on your own schedule with the confidence of knowing you're gaining all of the skills you need to succeed.
– Graduate with the skills you need to pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Exam (PTCE) and prove you have the skills employers need.
– Our students have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through an externship in a Walgreens or CVS Pharmacy store in their local area.
Average salaries are $32,000/yr, and there are over 189,000 new jobs* expected nationwide by 2022 for medical administrative assistants—start training today to take advantage of these opportunities!
– The course includes hands-on training with ezEMRx software, an industry-standard, government-certified EHR software platform to ensure you have the experience employers need.
– Graduate ready to earn the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) and Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist (CEHRS) credentials—you'll even receive 2 exam vouchers to earn these credentials upon graduation (a $210 value)!
– Train with the confidence of knowing that experienced instructors are available by phone, email, or chat all along the way.
Gain the skills you need to earn CompTIA A+ certification and start your rewarding career in the rapidly growing technology field. With more than 123,000 new computer technician jobs expected by 2022* and average annual salaries of $50,000*, this is an excellent career choice.
– Graduate with the skills you need to earn CompTIA A+ certification; exam vouchers are even included with the program (a $350 value)!
– Choose real-world training designed by experienced industry experts that can have you career ready in as little as three months.
– With one-on-one access to dedicated instructors with years of professional experience, you'll have the help you need to succeed.
- ICD-10 for ICD-9 Coders
- Medical Billing
- Medical Office Manager
- Medical Transcription and Editing
- Pharmacy Technician with Healthcare Billing
- Pharmacy Technician with Healthcare Administration
- Pharmacy Technician with Healthcare Administration & Billing
- Professional Medical Coding and Billing with PCS
- Executive Assistant
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Veterinary Assistant
Learn how to research and develop relationships with potential funding sources, organize grantwriting campaigns, and prepare proposals.This six-week course will equip you with the skills and tools you need to enter the exciting field of grant writing! You'll learn how to raise needed funds by discovering how and where to look for potential funders who are a good match for your organization. You'll also learn how to network and develop true partnerships with a variety of funders, how to organize a successful grant writing campaign, and how to put together a complete proposal package.
Discover how to easily create blogs and websites with the popular, free Wordpress.com platform.
Want to build an attractive, sophisticated blog or website—without having to learn any special coding? WordPress.com is the answer! WordPress.com is one of the world's most popular Web design tools.
In addition to mastering the technical elements of WordPress, you'll learn how to organize a blog or website, create appealing content, and achieve better positions on search engine results pages. By the end of this course, you'll be able to confidently use WordPress to create a blog or a personal, business, or organizational website.
Learn the key concepts of Structured Query Language (SQL), and gain a solid working knowledge of this powerful and universal database programming language in this six-week, instructor-led course.By the end of this course, you'll have a solid working knowledge of structured query language. You'll feel confident in your ability to write SQL queries to create tables; retrieve data from single or multiple tables; delete, insert, and update data in a database; and gather significant statistics from data stored in a database.
Learn how to use the five most popular social media platforms, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+ to grow and promote your business.
Whether you consider yourself a social media novice or a seasoned veteran, this six-week course will give you a solid foundation and thorough understanding of what social media is and how you can use it to grow your business.
Social media is a game changer for businesses and business owners who use this powerful medium in the right way. So whether you're looking for a new way to market your business or simply hoping to gain a better understanding about the excitement that surrounds social media, this course will empower you.
View course list.
View all Career Training
Copyright © 2016 University of North Florida1 UNF Drive | Jacksonville, FL 32224 | Phone: (904) 620-1000
RegulationsConsumer Information | Disability Accommodations