- Florida is home to more than 126,200 Financial and Professional Services establishments that employ over 888,000 people. Florida’s Financial and Professional Services companies have a total payroll of more than $57.8 billion and an average wage of approximately $65,000. (Source: Enterprise Florida estimates based on U.S. Department of Labor, BLS data. View summary data chart.)
- Nearly 90% of Florida’s gross economic output is generated in the service sector and the global competitiveness of Florida’s Financial and Professional Services Industry provides a significant contribution to the state’s total output.
- The Employ Florida Banner Center for Financial & Professional Services was launched in 2010 to serve as a statewide, industry-driven resource for the Financial and Professional Services workforce education and training to ensure the competitiveness of Florida’s Financial and Professional Services businesses.
- More than 800 Floridians who have participated in the Banner Center for Financial and Professional Services training courses have earned college or industry certifications including Certified Financial Planner, Certified Management Accountant, Lean Six Sigma, Insurance Licensing, and Project Management.
- To date, the Banner Center for Financial & Professional Services has partnered with more than 10 education institutions in Florida to offer cutting edge industry training throughout the state.
- The Banner Center for Financial & Professional Services has also partnered with Florida Associations to develop customized training curricula including the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Florida Society of Enrolled Agents and the Institute of Management Accountants.
- The Banner Center for Financial & Professional Services is one of three Banner Centers located throughout the state focused on developing training for targeted industries based on statewide partnerships and industry feedback.
For additional information, please contact Julie Fagan, Banner Center for Financial & Professional Services program director, at Julie.Fagan@unf.edu or call (904) 620-4352.