Kris and Bill Sammons Engineering Scholarship
The University of North Florida's School of Engineering is proud to offer this scholarship in honor of
Kris and Bill Sammons.
The Kris and Bill Sammons Engineering Scholarship Fund was established by ParkerVision to honor the Sammons with a scholarship at UNF for studnets in their junior and senior year who have declared electrical engineering as their major.
ParkerVision, Inc. designs, develops and markets its proprietary RF technologies which enable advanced wireless communications for current and next generation mobile communications networks. Its solutions for wireless transfer of radio frequency (RF) waveforms enable significant advancements in wireless products, addressing the needs of the cellular industry for efficient use of power, reduced cost and size, greater design simplicity and enhanced performance in mobile handsets as the industry migrates to next generation networks. ParkerVision is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida.
Successful applicants must:
- meet admission requirements and be accepted to the University of North Florida
- be a declared major in Electrical Engineering
- be a junior or senior
- have earned a minimum college transfer or UNF cumulative GPA of 3.0
- be an active member of the IEEE Student Chapter
Scholarship recipients must:
- enroll full-time (12+ credit hours) in the semester the scholarship is awarded
- maintain an overall GPA of at least 3.0
- remain in good standing as a student
- comply with all University regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus
- consent to release grades to the Division of Institutional Advancement for the purpose of reporting to the Donor
The intent of this scholarship is to provide assistance to a junior and to the same student as a senior, given that the student has continued to comply with the requirements of this scholarship. No student will be eligible to receive more than two (2) academic years of scholarship support.
The amount of the award will be determined by the fund manager, but it cannot exceed the maximum cost of tuition, books, campus housing, meal plan, transportation and miscellaneous expenses, as reflected in the annual "Cost of Education" budget prepared by the UNF Financial Aid Office.
If you have questions about this scholarship, please contact the School of Engineering at email@example.com or 904-620-1390.