Fall 2013 School of Computing Symposium
Friday, December 6, 2013 from 3 PM to 5:30 PM
UNF Adam W. Herbert University Center
About the Event
The School of Computing Symposium features current undergraduate and graduate students involved in course projects, thesis projects, and other types of faculty research projects. Students and faculty will share their project work via poster presentations. This event provides an opportunity to have one-on-one interaction with our students and faculty, test their products, and provide feedback on their work.
The event is open to the public. Light refreshments will be served. The symposium is free but RSVPs are required (registration is closed).
If you attended, please provide us feedback by completing below survey:
Symposium Feedback Survey
Special thanks to corporate sponsors for supporting our students in this event. This symposium is supported by annual contributions by members of the School of Computing Advisory Board and local companies.
2:15 PM to 2:45 PM – Students setting up their poster
2:30 PM to 3:30 PM – Check-in and registration
3:00 PM – Event kick off by Provost Traynham
3:00 PM to 5:00 PM – Attendees view posters and provide feedback
5:00 PM to 5:30 PM – Event closing and announcement of symposium winners
During the event, each attendee will be provided with five voting stickers. Each poster will have space allotted in the table for placing voting stickers. Attendees can place voting stickers on posters they liked most. Posters that receive the highest number of stickers would be announced as the symposium prize winners.
During the event, attendees were provided with six voting stickers with instructions to place one sticker per poster. Winners of the symposium were decided based on the number of stickers received. Winners were recognized with cash prizes and certification awards. Arun Venkatesan and Anand Venkatesan from SGS Technologie along with Dr. Asai Asaithambi presented cash prizes and award certificates to winners of the symposium.
First Place Winner (Prize - $200)
Poster Title: Angry Angry Androids!
Presenters: Jason Wilson, Hoi Kwok, and Tim Deal
Course: CEN 4535C – Development of Gaming and Mobile Apps
Second Place Winner (Prize - $150)
Poster Title: Motherlode: A Crowdsourced CMS for GIS Applications
Presenters: David King, Matt Walston, Uday Allika, Nicole DeRoin and Geoff Wark
Course: CEN6016 – Engineering of Software I
Third Place Winner (Prize - $100)
Poster Title: Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office Inmate Disciplinary Report
Presenters: Randy Blankenship, Joshua Dickison, Niloufar Mohaseb, and Bradford Wilson
Course: CIS 4327 – Information Systems Senior Project I
Honorable Mention Winners
Five posters were recognized with honorable mention award for best-in-class poster presentation. Honorable mention winners received $50 cash prize and award certificate. See below of list of honorable mention award winners:
- Poster Title: Northside Community Involvement’s Client Information Tracking System
- Presenters: Kenneth Feierstein, Andrew Giller, Marion Stile, and Eric Wai
- Course: CIS 4327/CIS 4593 – IS Senior Project I/Mobile Capstone I
- Poster Title: Technical Talons: Health care consulting
- Presenters: Kara Argus, Donald Dedman, John Fitzgerlad, Timothy Folds, and Sonali Purohit
- Course: COP 3855 – Web Access and System Design
- Poster Title: Dots
- Presenters: Joseph Hoeppner, Christain Weatherford, and Jimmy Thai
- Course: CEN 4535C – Development of Gaming and Mobile Apps
- Poster Title: Firefighter Game
- Presenters: Jamie Gordon, Jici Huang, and Christian Weatherford
- Course: CAP 4630 – Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Poster Title: Flex Schedule: Staffing Resources Management Application
- Presenters: Humam Al-Faiz, Mareh Al-Sammarraie, Esma Duran, Kevin Harper, Jason Frier, Glenn Lambert
- Course: CEN6016 – Engineering of Software I
- *All symposium student presenters received a participation certificate.
Event Location and Parking
UNF Adam W. Herbert University Center
12000 Alumni Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32224 - 2678
The University Center offers complimentary parking to all event attendees. You can find driving instructions at the below link: