Information Science Program
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Within a few years of graduation, the School of Computing expects its Information Science alumni will be in professional situations in which they can:
- Apply technical and scientific knowledge and up-to-date skills in improving and developing processes and computer systems to solve problems in professional environments, and/or pursue an advanced degree in Information Science or a related field;
- Engage in continuous professional development;
- Participate in professional societies of Information Science or a related field;
- Demonstrate leadership in addressing technical and business challenges;
- Commit to the moral imperatives and professional responsibilities expected from practicing professionals.
Student Outcomes (SOs)
Students completing the UNF BS CIS-Information Science program will achieve the following outcomes related to skills in the discipline, critical thinking, and communications. By the time of graduation, the program enables students to:
- Analyze legal, social, security, and ethical issues that arise in the information science discipline both locally and globally and recognize the need for continued professional development.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Analyze a problem and design and implement a computer-based system to meet the identified needs.
Periodic Review Process
- The School faculty will review the PEOs and SOs every spring;
- The Computing Advisory Board (CAB) will review the PEOs and SOs every spring;
- Students of the program who are members of professional clubs (ACM,
AITP, and IEEE-CS) will review their program PEOs and SOs every spring;
- Program alumni will be surveyed once every four years to provide feedback
on the PEOs and SOs;
- Employers of program graduates will be surveyed once every four years to
provide feedback on the PEOs and SOs;
- The Director of the School of Computing will compile a report of the results
of the above review processes and survey;
- The School of Computing Assessment Committee will review the Director’s
report and make recommendations at the end of every spring term;
- Recommendations will be discussed by the School of Computing faculty and
changes, if any, will be posted to the School of Computing website. The
Director will notify CAB of changes in the PEOs and SOs.
BS CIS-Information Science Enrollment Data
BS CIS-Information Science Graduation Data