OSPREY COMMUNITY AMBASSADORS
Applications are OPEN! Deadline is Friday, March 30, 2018.
About Osprey Community Ambassadors
Osprey Community Ambassadors (OCAs) design and facilitate opportunities for UNF students to participate in high impact, community-based service experiences in the Jacksonville community. OCAs will contribute to the university-wide commitment to community engagement by participating in hands-on opportunities and intentional training by collaborating with their peers and the Jacksonville community.
- Develop meaningful and professional relationships with community partners
- Cultivate their capacity to facilitate group conversations, lead reflection, and mentor peers
- Gain skills in project development and implementation
OCAs serve as peer mentors for various Center for Community-Based Learning (CCBL) initiatives including Summer Orientation, Days of Service, and UNF Cares. OCAs may be asked to assist with other CCBL events. This is a year-long commitment that begins in May and concludes in April of the following calendar year. OCAs are considered extensions of CCBL and are treated as paraprofessionals.
- OCAs will participate in all trainings, programs, courses, meetings, and initiatives as determined by CCBL.
- OCAs will present during Summer Orientation sessions.
- OCAs will assist with Day of Service events for UNF members to participate.
- OCAs will support data entry for co-curricular community engagement, via OspreyImpact.
- OCAs will partake in training throughout the fall semester.
- OCAs will co-facilitate with a faculty/staff member the UNF Cares course in the spring semester.
- OCAs will assist with marketing of co-curricular engagement opportunities and CCBL initiatives.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Current good standing status as an enrolled undergraduate or graduate student at UNF
- Knowledge and passion for community service, community development, and various social issues
- Demonstrated leadership on UNF campus or in Jacksonville community
- Self-motivation and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to lead a group of peers by creating a comfortable, safe, and inclusive environment
OSPREY COMMUNITY AMBASSADOR APPLICATION