"OUR JAX" Orientation Day (Community Scholars Program)
The Community Scholars participate in a full-day orientation of communities in Jacksonville. Past events and locations have included:
- Meeting residents of Jacksonville’s New Town Success Zone, and discussing their Vision Keepers initiative led by Executive Director, George Maxey.
- Discussing the challenges of doing community-based research with community partners such as the Northeast Florida Health Planning Council.
- Meeting with representatives from Fresh Ministries regarding systems approaches to neighborhood well-being.
- Touring one of UNF’s Brooks College of Health’s “Home Based” nursing neighborhood.
- Meeting at MOCA with President John Delaney and others to discuss how UNF can become more engaged in Jacksonville’s neighborhoods.
- Discussing progress pertaining to Hogan's Creek in Jacksonville's Springfield neighborhood with the Program Manager of Groundwork Jacksonville, Alyssa Bourgoyne.
"OUR Jax 2010" Community Scholars touring New Town Success Zone