Associate in Arts Degree Requirements
Students who wish to receive the Associate in Arts degree must:
- Complete requirements for the degree by the deadline date listed in the Academic Calendar.
- Fulfill the college-level communication and computation skills requirements of SBER 6A-10.030.
- Complete 60 semester hours with a 2.0 GPA including the 36 credit-hour general education program requirements outlined under the freshman/sophomore general education program.
- Complete a minimum of 30 credit hours in residence at UNF. These hours may come from general education requirements or electives.
- Satisfy State of Florida foreign language admission requirement. Note: This requirement pertains to students initially entering a Florida College System institution or the State University System in 2014-2015 and thereafter. Coursework for an associate in arts degree shall include demonstration of competency in a foreign language pursuant to s. 1007.262.
- Pay all financial obligations to the University.
A student may not apply for an Associate in Arts degree during the same semester as applying for his or her bachelor's degree.
To view the University's current official policy, click here.