Major: Computing & Info Sciences
Concentration: Software Eng. (Non-Thesis)
Degree: Master of Science
Background preparation in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Systems is required for admission into the Masters program.
Conditions for the Masters:
1. All but one courses applied to the degree must be completed with a grade of 'B' or better. One course with a grade 'C' is accepted.
2. A minimum of 21 credit hours must be taken at the 6000- level in the School of Computing for the Thesis option.
3. No more than 6 credit hours taken outside of the School can be included in the degree.
4. No more than 9 credit hours of 5000-level courses can be applied to the degree.
5. No more than 6 credit hours of Directed Independent Study can be applied to the degree.
6. No more than 3 credit hours of Directed Independent Study can be supervised by the same professor.
7. GPA of 3.0 or better must be maintained. A GPA below 3.0 or a grade of 'C' in three courses results in automatic probation.
8. Directed Independent Study (CIS6900) and Special Topics in Computer and Information Sciences (CIS6930) may be approved by the Graduate Director to substitue any of the program courses.
9. A student on probation who subsequently receives a 'C' is subject to suspension.
10. Receipt of a 'D' or 'F' grades results in suspension.
11. Students must declare thesis/non-thesis after completing 18 credit hours in the program.
Core Requirements (15 credits)
CEN6016 Engineering of Software I (3 Credits)
CEN6017 Engineering of Software II (3 Credits)
CEN6070 Software Quality Assur & Test (3 Credits)
CIS6XXX Research Methods
COP6711 Database Engineering/Administr (3 Credits)
Major Requirements (15 credits)
SELECT 5 courses:
CAP6100 Interface Design/Implementation
CDA6011/CEN6036 Web Engineering
CDA6506 Network Arch & Client Server Computing
CIS6302 Distributed/Internet Systems
CIS6101 Software Processes & Metrics
CIS6516 Managing Software PRojects/Personnel
COP735 Developments in Database Structures
Electives (6 credits)
SELECT CAP CDA CEN CIS CNT COP COT