Minor: Creative Writing
Minor: Creative Writing (15 credits)
In this program, students will develop their creative talents by analyzing the work of both canonical and non-canonical writers; understanding and imitating those writer's techniques and styles; developing and revising work for peer review; critiquing one another's work in workshop- style courses; and preparing work for submission to recognized journals and contests.
A grade of C or better is required for all minor courses.
Category A (3-6 credits)
Students may choose at least one and up to two of the following:
- CRW 2000 Intro to Creative Writing
- CRW 2100 Intro to Fiction Writing
- CRW 2201 Intro to Creative Non-Fiction
- CRW 2300 Intro to Poetry Writing
- CRW 2400 Intro to Playwriting
- CRW 2600 Intro to Screenwriting
- CRW 2930 Special Topics in Creative Writing
Category B (9-12credits)
Students must choose at least two and may choose up to four of the following courses (each of which may be repeated for up to 9 credit hours):
- CRW 3110 Fiction Workshop
- CRW 3211 Creative Non-Fiction Workshop
- CRW 3310 Poetry Workshop
- CRW 3424 Playwrights' Project
- CRW 3610 Screenwriting Workshop
- CRW 4924 Adv. Creative Writing Seminar
Courses used in the English Major may not be used to satisfy requirements for the Creative Writing Minor. A minimum of 12 credits must be taken at UNF.