Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Prerequisites (12 credits)
Requires grades of C or above.
PSY2012 Introduction to Psychology (3 Credits)
SELECT ONE ADDITIONAL PSYCH COURSE
- CLP DEP EAB EXP INP PCO PPE PSB PSY SOP
- BSC1010C or BSC1005C
Acceptable substitutes: BSCX20X or ZOOX010
Select One Statistics Course
Foundation (5 credits)
All Bachelor of Arts students must have completed PSY 3214 and PSY 3213L with grades of C or better.
PSY3021 Prof Opportunities in PSYC (1 Credit)
RESEARCH METHODS AND LAB REQUIREMENT
Prereq: Elementary Statistics
- PSY 3213 Research Methods in Psychology
- PSY 3213L Research Methods Lab
Experimental Courses (4 credits)
Research Methods and Lab, PSY 3213 (Previous number PSY3214) AND PSY 3213L, must be completed with a grade of C or better before attempting the experimental courses.
SELECT 1 EXPERIMENTAL COURSE FROM:
- EAB 3013C Experimental Analysis of Behavior/Lab
- EXP 3680C Experimental Cognitive Psychology
- EXP 3703C Computer Applications in Psych Research
- EXP 3461C Human Learning and Performance
- PSY 4302C Psychological Testing
- SOP 3214C Experimental Social Psychology
- EXP 4252C Human Factors and Ergonomics
Major Requirements (15 credits)
SELECT 5 FROM THE FOLLOWING:
- CBH 3004 Comparative Psychology
- CLP 4143 Psychology of Abnormal Behavior
- DEP 3054 Lifespan Developmental Psychology
- EXP 3412 Learning Theory
- EXP 3604 Cognitive Psychology
- EXP 3104 Human Sensory Perception
- PPE 4003 Theories of Personality
- PSB 3002 Psychobiology
- PSY 4604 History of Psychology
- SOP 3004 Social Psychology
Major Electives (9 credits)
A maximum of 3 hours of honors research may count for both honors in the major and the major electives area. A total of 3 hours in any combination of Directed Individual Study, Supervised Research, Honors Research, or Practicum may be used as major elective credits. Additional hours of these courses may be taken and used in honors in the major and/or as free elective credits. See your advisor for details.
SELECT 9 HOURS (3000/4000)
- CBH CLP DEP EAB EXP INP PCO PPE PSB PSY SOP
A minor is required for this major.*
The minor must be selected from the list of approved minors, including those outside the college of the major.
See List of Minors in the Undergraduate Catalog.
Minors are generally completed during the last 60 hrs of you program. Your minor may require prerequisites, so choosing a minor early is beneficial. See your advisor to declare a minor.
*(Double majors are exempt from the minor requirement).
Foreign Language/Foreign Cultures
All BA students in the College of Arts and Sciences are required to complete the foreign language or foreign culture requirement with grades of C or higher.
TAKE 8 HRS OF FOREIGN LANGUAGE
- Select one sequence of Spanish, French, Chinese, German, Japanese, Latin, Portuguese, Russian, or American Sign Language.
- Part 1 of languages are typically offered in the fall and part 2 in the spring.
- Incoming Students with prior experience in French or Spanish must take a placement exam. Students who place above the beginning level will satisfy this requirement by earning a "C" or better in a French or Spanish at the level at which they placed.
- Students who choose this option may also be eligible for a minimum of 3 credits and a maximum of 6 credits of retroactive credit if they complete with a "C" or above in a 3000 level French or Spanish course.
- This policy applies to Chinese as well, although in this case placement will be determined by the professor of the program.
FC Foreign Culture Option
- Students who successfully completed 2 years of foreign language in high school have the option of taking 6 hours of foreign culture courses instead of 8 hours of college level foreign language.
- Foreign cultures contain (FC) in the course title.
- A complete list of foreign culture courses can be found in the Arts & Sciences Advising Office.
48 Upper Level Hours (48 credits)
In order to qualify to graduate with a Bachelor's degree from the College of Arts and Sciences you must earn a minimum of 48 upper level credits out of the total 120 degree applicable required credit hours. Upper level courses are numbered from 3000 - 4999. Dual Degree and Double Majors should consult their Advisor.
48 HOURS 48 upper level hours