Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Prerequisites (6 credits)
Requires grades of C or above.
ECO2013 Principles of Macroeconomics (3 Credits)
ECO2023 Principles of Microeconomics (3 Credits)
or 2 courses with the ECO prefix
Major Requirements (15 credits)
ECO3421 Econometrics (3 Credits)
ECO3101 Intermediate Microeconomics (3 Credits)
Prereq: ECO 2023
ECO3203 Intermediate Macroeconomics (3 Credits)
Prereq: ECO 2013 Coreq: ECO 3411
ECO3411 Business/Economic Statistics (3 Credits)
SELECT 1 INTERNATIONAL COURSE
- ECO 3704 International Trade
Prereq: ECO 2023
- ECO 4713 International Monetary System
Prereq: ECO 3203
Major Electives (9 credits)
A grade of C or better is required in all economics courses.
SELECT 2 FROM: (3000/4000)
- ECO GEO ECP ECG
ECO 3632/ECO 3701/ECP 3704 may not be used in the major.
SELECT 1 FROM THE FOLLOWING
- UNF study abroad courses approved by the department chair
- Economics course (3000/4000) taken abroad
- This requirement may be replaced with another 3 credit economics course (3000/4000 level) upon approval by the department chair in the case of extenuating circumstances.
A minor is required for this major.*
The minor must be selected from the list of approved minors, including those outside the college of the major.
See List of Minors in the Undergraduate Catalog. Minors are generally completed during the last 60 hrs of your program. Your minor may require prerequisites, so choosing a minor early is beneficial. See your advisor to declare a minor.
*(Double majors are exempt from a minor.)
Foreign Language/Foreign Cultures
All BA students in the College of Arts and Sciences are required to complete the foreign language or foreign culture requirement with grades of C or higher.
TAKE 8 HRS OF FOREIGN LANGUAGE
- Select one sequence of Spanish, French, Chinese, German, Japanese, Latin, Portuguese, Russian, or American Sign Language.
- Part 1 of languages are typically offered in the fall and part 2 in the spring.
- Incoming Students with prior experience in French or Spanish must take a placement exam. Students who place above the beginning level will satisfy this requirement by earning a "C" or better in a French or Spanish at the level at which they placed.
- Students who choose this option may also be eligible for a minimum of 3 credits and a maximum of 6 credits of retroactive credit if they complete with a "C" or above in a 3000 level French or Spanish course.
- This policy applies to Chinese as well, although in this case placement will be determined by the professor of the program.
FC Foreign Culture Option
- Students who successfully completed 2 years of foreign language in high school have the option of taking 6 hours of foreign culture courses instead of 8 hours of college level foreign language.
- Foreign cultures contain (FC) in the course title.
- A complete list of foreign culture courses can be found in the Arts & Sciences Advising Office.
Free Electives (13 credits)
SELECT 16 HRS (3000/4000)
This degree requires a minimum of 120 total hours with 48 upper (3000/4000) level hours. Free electives may be courses in any discipline (provided the required prerequisites are met) and they are the hours needed to satisfy the total hour requirement. These hours may vary (consult your advisor about free elective hours needed to graduate).