Students with a bachelor's degree in any academic area may be considered for admission to the Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT). Completed applications will be evaluated using a rolling admissions process and will conclude no later than April 1st. Admitted students will begin classes during the Summer B semester.
The admissions requirements are as follows:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college/university.
- A minimum of a 3.0 overall GPA in undergraduate coursework. Students must complete all prerequisite courses prior to successfully matriculating through the MSAT. Failure to submit final transcripts by June 30th will result in dismissal from the MSAT.
- GRE required with preferred scores above the 50th percentile in the verbal, quantitative, and analytical areas. GRE Institution Code: 5490
- Meet the technical standards for admission (Technical Standards Form).
- 50 hours of observational experience under the supervision of a Certified Athletic Trainer (UNF Athletic Training Observation Form).
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. One letter of recommendation must be from an Athletic Trainer who supervised you during your observational experience.
- Personal statement describing prior experiences, accomplishments, and career goals.
- Interview (on campus preferred) with the UNF Athletic Training Faculty and Preceptors.
Prerequisite Courses (35 semester credit hours)
The requirements listed below are prerequisites for the MSAT. Course numbers listed below are for courses in the Florida State University System. Any substitutions to these requirements are made at the time of evaluation for admission into the MSAT program. Applicants must demonstrate completion with a minimum grade of "C" at the undergraduate or graduate levels in each of the following courses:
- CHM 2045/2045L General Chemistry I with Lab
- PHY 2053/2053L Algebra-based Physics I with Lab
- BSC 2085C Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab
- BSC 2086C Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab
- BSC 1010C General Biology I with Lab
- PSY 2012 Introduction to Psychology
- PET 3312C Biomechanics or PET 3310 Kinesiology
- HSC4612 Exercise Physiology for Health Science
- HUN2201 Basic Prin Human Nutrition
- STA2023 (GM) Elem Statistics-Business
How to Apply
Applicants should follow each of the steps below:
- Application submitted through ATCAS ($85 for first application, $45 for each additional program).
- Application and admission to UNF ($30 Non-refundable application fee). Complete the UNF online application for graduate school admission;
- Submit hardcopy, official, sealed transcripts from all institutions at which you were ever enrolled (this includes AP, CLEP, IB, dual enrollment, transient enrollment, military, and foreign transcripts) to the Graduate School at the following address: University of North Florida, Attn: Graduate School, 1 UNF Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32224.
- Submit official GRE scores to the Graduate School (institution code is 5490); scores are only kept by ETS for a 5-year period and we require the revised version of the exam.
*Applicants who do not complete both UNF Graduate School and ATCAS applications will be disqualified. You are required to submit all transcripts to BOTH locations as the systems are completely separate.
*The receipt of materials submitted to the UNF Graduate School may be confirmed online in the myWings student portal or with the Graduate School at (904) 620-1360.