Areas of Expertise
• Structural Rehabilitation and Strengthening,
• FRP applications and assessment,
• Bridge Engineering,
• Durability of Concrete.
Ph.D. Civil Engineering, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, 1994
M.S. Structural Engineering, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt, 1988
B.S. Civil Engineering, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt, 1984
Dr. ElSafty is a tenured “Professor” in the College of Computing, Engineering and Construction at the University of North Florida (UNF). Prior to joining UNF, ElSafty was a founding faculty of the Civil Engineering Department at Florida State University, Panama City campus from 2003 to 2005. He earned his PhD in 1994 from North Carolina State University (NCSU) in Raleigh. He has had extensive teaching & research experiences at 7 universities. In 2015, he was awarded a National Award by the PCI “THE EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR AWARD”, in addition to other awards at national, local, and state levels in Teaching, Research, Leadership, and Service. He's been a “FULBRIGHT U.S. SCHOLAR” conducting research at UAE and has also been selected as a “Fulbright Specialist” candidate. He's secured $2.35 million project funds (state, national and Federal) and has led several faculty research teams from 8 universities (FSU, NCSU, Sherbrooke, Northern Ohio, LSU, Embry Riddle, UNF, and Drexel) to publish over 70 journal & conference papers. He's managed the activities of a national grant to establish the 1st PCI Foundation engineering Design Studio in the US (2009-2015). He's led student teams to win regional and national competitions and has led student groups on Study-Abroad to Ghana & Morocco. He's led faculty groups on international academic visits to Turkey, Morocco & Egypt to establish and maintain research initiatives & exchange programs. He was a guest lecturer at Cologne University of Applied Science (Germany) and initiated collaboration in Japan and Italy to establish joint research & exchange program. He's an ABET Program Evaluator (PEV). He's had an extensive industrial experience working as a Structural Engineer at a Bridge design firm (Lochner) in Florida, a Specifications Manager at a British Construction Chemical Company (Fosroc - Burmah Castrol), and a Researcher at Florida DOT. He's a Licensed/Registered Professional Engineer “PE” in the State of Florida and “P.Eng.” in Ontario, Canada. He has thirty years of experience in the Professional Practice of Civil Engineering.
1. National Award: “The Educator Of The Year Award” - PCI (2015)
2. National Award: “Fulbright U.S. Scholar” Grant (2015-2016) ), The J. William Foreign Fulbright Scholarship Board (FFSB), the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs (ECA), and the Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES), Washington, D.C., conduct research at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU), UAE
3. UNF: “Distinguished Professor Award Runner-Up”, (2016)
4. National Research & Teaching Award: “Precast/Prestressed Concrete Foundation Award” to establish the 1st “Engineering Professor Design Studio” in the US (2009-2014)
5. International Award: International Scholarship and Journal Paper Award, International Journal of Concrete Structures and Materials (IJCSM) award for journal publication (March 2013)
6. UNF: “UNF Award of Research Excellence” (2013-14 Office of Research & Sponsored Programs)
7. UNF Award: “Principal Investigator with 5 Years of Continuous Funding” Award, (2014)
8. UNF Award: “Outstanding Faculty Scholarship Award”, UNF (2013)
9. UNF Award: “University Researcher of the Month” Award, UNF (2012)
10. National Award: “The Educator Of The Year Award” (2015), same as 1
1. National Award: “Fulbright Specialist” Candidate (2013-2018) in Engineering Education.
12. National Teaching & Research Award: “Precast/Prestressed Concrete Foundation Award” to establish the 1st US “Engineering Professor Design Studio”, $125,000 (2009-2014), same as 3
13. State Award: “Florida Prestressed Concrete Association (FPCA) Education Foundation Award”:
FPCA Recognition for Outstanding Achievement, Big beam 2012 award, (1st place-Southeast region)
14. State Award: “FPCA Education Foundation Award”: FPCA Recognition for Outstanding Achievement - Big beam 2010 award (2nd place in Southeast region), $1,000
15. UNF Award: “Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award” (2010)
16. UNF Awards (2009-2013): 5 awards to establish teaching exchange programs for students and faculty with Universities in Japan, Germany, Istanbul, Cairo, Morocco, and Italy.
17. Academic Award: Cairo University honor student (undergraduate student award)
18. “National Team Advisor Award”: Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute “Award for Excellence”, (2013) - Advisor - National Champion of Big Beam Engineering Design Competition, 1st and 2nd places in Southeast region and 6th place nationally (2013)
19. “National Team Advisor Award”: Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute “Award for Excellence”,
(2012) - Advisor - National Champion of Big Beam Engineering Design Competition, 1st place Regionally & 4th place nationally (2012)
20. National: “PCI Award for Excellence”, Advisor - National Champion of Big Beam Engineering Design Competition, Second Place in South-East region (2010)
21. State: Train-the-Trainer Instructor: Selected by the Florida Engineering Society (FES) to offer PE Review Train-the-Trainer Sessions for engineers. Offered review sessions twice/year (2006, 07, 08)
22. UNF Leadership Award: “Outstanding International Leadership Award” (2013)
23. UNF Award: “UNF Disability Resource Center Professor Empowerment Award” (2012)
24. UNF Faculty Advisor: 1st International TLO Service Project for Eng. students to Ghana (2009)
25. UNF Co-Leader: “International Program Development” leading 10 faculty in the Middle East (2012)
Grants and Contracts Awarded
External Funds (~$2.5 million)
1. PI, Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), “Degradation mechanisms and service life estimation of fiber reinforced polymer (FRP) concrete reinforcements”, $396,510, 36 months, (2015-2018), Ongoing.
2. Co-PI, Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), “Analysis, Comparison, and Contrast of Two Primary Maintenance Contracting Techniques used by the Florida Department of Transportation”, $85,125, 12 months, (April 2015 – March 2016), Ongoing
3. Project Collaborator/Partner, NSF-FMM project, “Field Monitoring and Measurements Education: A Model for Civil and Environmental Engineering”, PI: Dr. Vijaya Gopu, (LTRC), Co-PIs: Dr. Ayman Okeil & Dr. Roger Seals (LSU), Project Officer: Gul Kremer (DUE-Division of Undergraduate Education), $337,312, (2016- 2019).
4. PI, Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), “Empirical Deck for Phased Construction and Widening”, FDOT BDV34 TWO 977-01, $175,000, 36 months, (March, 2013 - Feb, 2016), Ongoing.
5. PI, Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), “Testing, Evaluation, and Specification for Polymeric Materials (SMO-13-09)”, FDOT BDV34 TWO 977-02, $402,000, 36 months, (March 2014 – March 2017).
6. PI, International Concrete Repair Institute (ICRI), “Concrete Repair Research”, $2,000 & $1,500 (2014, 15).
7. PI, Precast/Prestressed Concrete (PCI)-Foundation Grant, “Engineering Professor Design Studio”, $125,000 (August 2009 - March 2015).
8. PI, Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), “Degradation Assessment of Internal Continuous Fiber Reinforcement in Concrete Environment”, FDOT Contract-TWO#BDK82 977-05, $200,000, (2011-14).
9. PI, Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), “The Repair of Damaged Bridge Girders with Carbon
Fiber Reinforced Polymer CFRP Laminates”, FDOT Contract-TWO #BDK82 977â€03, $150,000, 18 months,
(May 2010 - September 2012), Completed.
10. PI, Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), “Sealing of Cracks on Florida Bridge Decks with Steel
Girders”, FDOT BDK82 977-02, $120,000, 24 months, (January 2010 - August 2012), Completed.
11. Co-PI, Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), “Alternative Methods for Coatings and Materials Used on FDOT Signage and Lighting Structures”, $50,000, 4 months, (Jan 2012 – April 2012), Completed.
12. PI - PCI Project - PCI Student Design Award Competition - PCI Big Beam Contest. Award $100 in 2008 and
Award $750 in 2009.
13. PI – Industry Research Project “Condition Assessment of Defected Drilled Shafts”- Saliba Engineering, $500 (2009), Completed.
14. PI, Industrial Firm Sponsor, CFRP Materials Donated for Research on Concrete Repair, Air Lgistics Corporation, FACS™ Group - Azusa, CA, $1,944, Completed.
15. PI, Industrial Firm Sponsor, Research Materials Donated for Concrete Beam Research, Fyfe Co. LLC, California, USA, $600, Completed.
Publications & Presentations
1. Amr El-Nemr, Ehab A. Ahmed, Adel El-Safty, and Brahim Benmokrane, (2016), “Experimental Testing of Concrete Beams Reinforced with GFRP Bars of Different Grades and Surface Configurations”, Elsevier Journal of Composites Part B: Engineering, (under review)
2. Brahim Benmokrane, Ahmed Ali, Hamdy Mohamed, Adel El-Safty, Allan Manalo, (2016), “Laboratory Assessment and Durability Performance of Vinyl-Ester, Polyester, and Epoxy Glass-FRP Bars”, Elsevier Journal of Composites Part B: Engineering, (under review)
3. Aiyin Jiang and Adel ElSafty, (2017), “Effects of Global Climate Change on Building Energy Consumption and Its Implications in Florida”, International Journal of Construction and Research.
4. Adel ElSafty, Matthew K. Graeff, Georges El-Gharib, Ahmed Abdel-Mohti, and N. Mike Jackson, (May 2016), “Analysis, Prediction, and Case studies of Early-Age Cracking in Bridge Decks”, International Journal of Advanced Structural Engineering, ISSN 2008-3556, DOI 10.1007/s40091-016-0123-z
5. Mohamed Hassan, Brahim Benmokrane, Adel ElSafty, and Amir Fam, (December 2016), “Bond Durability of Basalt Fiber-Reinforced-Polymer (BFRP) Bars Embedded in Concrete in Aggressive Environments”, Elsevier Journal of Composites Part B: Engineering, Volume 106, pp. 262–272.
6. Benmokrane, B., Ali, A., Mohamed, H., Robert, M., and ElSafty, A., (February 2016), “Durability Performance and Service Life of CFCC Tendons Exposed to Elevated Temperature and Alkaline Environment”, ASCE Journal of Composites for Construction, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)CC.1943-5614.0000606, 04015043, Volume 20, Issue 1.
7. Cory High, Hatem M. Seliem, Adel El-Safty, Sami H. Rizkalla, (2015), “Use of basalt fibers for concrete structures”, Journal of Construction and Building Materials 96, (2015), pp. 37–46.
8. Adel ElSafty, Matthew Graeff, and Sam Fallaha, (March 2014), "Behavior of Laterally Damaged Prestressed Concrete Bridge Girders Repaired with CFRP Laminates under Static and Fatigue Loading", International Journal of Concrete Structures and Materials, IJCSM, Vol.8, No.1, pp.43–59, March 2014, DOI: 10.1007/s40069-013-0053-0, ISSN 1976-0485 / eISSN 2234-1315
9. Adel ELSAFTY, Michael Zinszer, and George Morcous, (April 2014), “Bridge Platform Failure Due to Errors in Design and Construction Practice”, AIC Journal., Journal of The American Professional Constructor, The American Institute of Constructors, Volume 38, Number 01, pp. 32-40.
10. A. ElSafty, M. K. Graeff, and S. Fallaha, (2013), “Assessment of CFRP Repair for Laterally Damaged Prestressed Concrete Girders”, ASTM - Journal of Advances in Civil Engineering Materials, ACEM-2013-0083.Advances in Civil Engineering Materials, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2013, pp. 506-521.
11. J. Rafols, K. Lau, I. Lasa, M. Paredes and A. ElSafty, (2013), "Approach to Determine Corrosion Propensity in Post-Tensioned Tendons with Deficient Grout," Open Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 3 No. 3, 2013, pp. 182-187. doi: 10.4236/ojce.2013.33022.
12. Adel ElSafty, Ahmed Abdel-Mohti, Mike Jackson, Ivan Lasa, and Mario Paredes, (August 2013), “Limiting Early-Age Cracking in Concrete Bridge Decks,” Journal of Advances in Civil Engineering Materials, Vol. 2, No. 1, Paper ID ACEM-2013-0073.
13. A. ElSafty, A. Gamal, P. Kreidl and G. Merckel, (May 2013), "Structural Health Monitoring: Alarming System," Wireless Sensor Network, Vol. 5 No. 5, 2013, pp. 105-115. doi: 10.4236/wsn.2013.55013.
14. Adel ElSafty and Ahmed Abdel Mohti, (March 2013), “Investigation of Likelihood of Cracking in Reinforced Concrete Bridge Decks”, International Journal of Concrete Structures and Materials (IJCSM), March 2013, Volume 7, Issue 1, pp 79-93.
15. Adel ElSafty and Matthew K. Graeff, (2013), “Optimum CFRP Configuration to Efficiently Repair Laterally Damaged Simply Supported Rectangular Reinforced Concrete Beams”, ASCE Journal, ASCE Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction, Vol. 18, No. 3, ISSN 1084-0680, August 2013, pp. 165-176.
16. Adel ElSafty, (April 2013), “BRIDGE PRESERVATION: Getting clearance”, Roads & Bridges magazine, http://www.roadsbridges.com/archive?issue=April%202013
17. A. Gamal, A. ElSafty, and G. Merckel, (March 2013), "New System of Structural Health Monitoring," Open Journal of Civil Engineering, OJCE, Vol. 3 No. 1, 2013, pp. 19-28. doi: 10.4236/ojce.2013.31004.
18. Adel ElSafty, Maged Malek, and Matthew Graeff, (October 2012), ‘Research of Concrete Containing Scrap-Tire Rubber for Pavement Construction’, Journal of The American Professional Constructor, The American Institute of Constructors. Vol. 36, Number 2, PP. 11-17, http://issuu.com/AIC-CCC/docs/aic_journal_1012/11.
19. Paredes, Mario, Jackson, N. Mike, El Safty, Adel, Dryden, John, Joson, Joseph, Lerma, Hugo, and Hersey, Jeremiah, (2012), “Precision Statements for the Surface Resistivity of Water Cured Concrete Cylinders in the Laboratory,” Journal of Advances in Civil Engineering Materials, Vol. 9, Issue 4, 2012, pp. 1–23, doi:10.1520/ACEM104268. ISSN 2165-3984
20. Amal El Safty, Adel El Safty, and Maged Malek, (September 2012), “Construction Safety and Occupational Health Education in Egypt, the EU, and US Firms”, Open Journal of Civil Engineering (OJCE), Vol.2, No.3, PP.174-182.
21. G. Morcous, Y. Cho, A. El-Safty, and G. Chen, (2010), Structural Behavior of Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Sandwich Panels for Bridge Decks, Korean Journal of Civil Engineers (KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering),14(6):879-888, DOI: 10.1007/s12205-010-1025-4, http://www.springerlink.com/content/w18606423077648u/
22. Maged Malek, Adel El-Safty, Amal El-Safty, and James Sores, (2010), The Correlation between Safety Practices in Construction and Occupational Health, MANAGEMENT SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING Journal, Vol. 4, No. 3, 2010, pp. 01-09, http://cscanada.net/index.php/mse/article/viewFile/1433/1627.
23. Jiang, A., Malek, M., and El-Safty, A., (Jan. 2011), Business Strategy and Capital Allocation Optimization Model for Practitioners, ASCE Journal of Management in Engineering, Volume 27, Issue 1, pp. 58–63.
24. Adel ElSafty, and Ayman M. Okeil, (November 2008), Extending the Service Life of Bridges Using Continuous Decks, PCI Journal - Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute, PCI, Vol. 53, No. 6, pp. 96-111.
25. A. El-Safty, (2006), The Behaviour of Bridges with Jointless Decks Subjected to Time-Dependent Effects, B.H.V. Topping, G. Montero, R. Montenegro, (Editors), CCP: 83 - Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Computational Structures Technology, Civil-Comp Press, Stirlingshire, UK, Paper 140, 2006. doi:10.4203/ccp.83.140. http://www.ctresources.info/ccp/paper.html?id=3920, Civil- Comp Proceedings ISSN 1759-3433
26. Ayman M. Okeil and Adel El-Safty, (Nov. 2005), Partial Continuity in Bridge Girders with Jointless Decks, Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction, ASCE Journal, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp 229-238, doi:10.1061/(ASCE)1084-0680(2005)10:4(229).
27. Benmokrane, B., Rahman, H., Mukhopadhaya, P., Masmoudi, R., Chekired, M., Nicole, J-F., and El-Safty, A., (October 2000), Use of FRP reinforcement integrated with fibre optic sensors for concrete bridge deck slab construction, Published in the Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Canadian J. Civ. Eng., Volume 27, No 5, pp 928-940.
28. B. Zhang, B. Benmokrane, A. Chennouf, P. Mukhopadhyaya, and A. El-Safty, (May 2001), Tensile Behavior of Grouted FRP Tendons for Prestressed Ground Anchors, ASCE Journal of Composites for Construction, American Society of Civil Engineering, pp 85-93.
REFEREED CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
29. Adel ElSafty, Andrea Toro, Ayman Okeil, and James Fletcher, (January 2017), “Effect of Lateral Stiffness of Wide-flanged Prestressed Concrete Beams on Arching Action in Bridge Decks”, Transportation Research Board (TRB), Washington DC.
30. M. Hassan, B. Benmokrane, A. ElSafty, and A. Fam, (December 2016), “Bond Strength Durability of BFRP Bars in Concrete Subjected to Elevated Temperature and Alkaline Environment”, 8th International Conference on Fiber-Reinforced Polymer (FRP) Composites in Civil Engineering (CICE 2016), Hong Kong, China
31. Amr ElNemr, Adel ElSafty, and Brahim Benmokrane, (December 2015), “FLEXURAL BEHAVIOR OF CONCRETE BEAMS REINFORCED WITH GFRP BARS OF DIFFERENT GRADES”, The Fourteenth International Conference on Structural and Geotechnical Engineering (ICSGE 14), Cairo, Egypt.
32. Ahmed Ali, Hamdy M. Mohamed, Adel Elsafty, and Brahim Benmokrane, (2015), “Long-Term Durability Testing Of Tokyo Rope Carbon Cables”, ICCM20, Copenhagen, 19-24 July 2015.
33. Mohamed Hassan, Hamdy M. Mohamed, Brahim Benmokrane, and Adel ElSafty, (2015), “Durability Characterization Of Basalt FRP Bars”, SMAR 2015 Antalya, SMAR 2015 Third Conference on Smart Monitoring, Assessment and Rehabilitation of Civil Structures, September 2015, Antalya, Turkey.
34. Mathieu Robert, Hamdy M. Mohamed, Ahmed H. Ali, Adel ElSafty, and Brahim Benmokrane, (2015), “Tensile Strength Prediction Of Conditioned Carbon FRP Cable”, SMAR 2015 Antalya, SMAR 2015 Third Conference on Smart Monitoring, Assessment and Rehabilitation of Civil Structures, September 2015, Antalya, Turkey.
35. Benmokrane, B. Ali, A., Mohamed, H.M., ElSafty, A. (2014) “Long Term Tensile Properties of Carbon FRP Cable” European Bridge Conference & Exhibition at Structural Faults and Repairs 8th – 10th July 2014, Imperial College, University of London, Kensington, London, 8th – 10th July 2014, 8p.
36. Hatem Seliem, Adel El-Safty, and Sami Rizkalla, (August 2014), “Use Of BFRP Bars as Flexural Reinforcement”, CICE 2014 - The 7th International Conference on FRP Composites in Civil Engineering, International Institute for FRP in Construction, Vancouver, Canada.
37. Benmokrane, B. Ali, A., Mohamed, H.M., ElSafty, A. (2014) “Durability of Tokyo Rope Carbon Cables in Alkaline Environment” CICE 2014, The 7th International Conference on FRP Composites in Civil Engineering, International Institute for FRP in Construction, Vancouver, B.C, Canada, August 20-22, 6p.
38. Adel ElSafty and Sam Fallaha, (2013), “Behavior Of Laterally Damaged Bridge Girders Repaired with CFRP Laminates under Fatigue and Static Loading”, Transportation Research Board (TRB), Washington DC.
39. Ahmed Gamal, Adel ElSafty, Maged Malek, and Gerald Merckel, (December 2012), “Health Monitoring Systems for Infrastructure”, Egyptian-American Scientists Association, EASA 2012 Conference.
40. Adel ElSafty and Ahmed Abdel Mohti, 2013, “Evaluation Of Bridge Deck Early-Age Cracking”, Transportation Research Board (TRB), Washington D.C.
41. Adel ElSafty and N. Mike Jackson, 2012, “Full-Scale Flexural and Fatigue Testing Of Laterally Damaged AASHTO Type II Bridge Girders Repaired Using Nonprestressed CFRP Fabric Laminates”, The 2012 PCI Convention and National Bridge Conference.
42. Adel ElSafty and Matthew K. Graeff, 2012, “Fatigue Testing of Half-Scaled and Full-Scaled AASHTO Type II Bridge Girders Laterally Damaged and Repaired Using CFRP Laminates”, The 2012 PCI Convention and National Bridge Conference.
43. Adel ElSafty, Ayman Okeil, Samer Attalah, and Juan Rafols, 2012, “The CFRP repair performance in pre-cracked Reinforced concrete Beams”, The 2012 PCI Convention and National Bridge Conference.
44. A. Abdel-Mohti and A. ElSafty, "A Parametric Study of the Development of Transverse Deck Cracking", in B.H.V. Topping, (Editor), "Proceedings of the Eleventh International Conference on Computational Structures Technology", Civil-Comp Press, Stirlingshire, UK, Paper 157, 2012. doi:10.4203/ccp.99.157
45. Fady Barsoum, Adel El Safty, and Lenny Phillip, (2012), Using Finite Element Analysis to Evaluate the Performance of Cracked Bridge Decks, 2012 Structures Congress - March 29 -31, 2012 -Chicago, IL.
46. A. ElSafty, V. Vargas, N.M. Jackson, F. Barsoum, and A. Abdel-Mohti, (2011), "Investigating the Problem of Transverse Cracking of Bridge Decks", in B.H.V. Topping, Y. Tsompanakis, (Editors), "Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Conference on Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering Computing", Civil-Comp Press, Stirlingshire, UK, Paper 187, 2011. doi:10.4203/ccp.96.187, http://dx.doi.org/10.4203/ccp.96.187
47. Adel ElSafty and Matthew Graeff, (2011), “Investigating the Most Effective CFRP Configuration in Repairing Damaged Concrete Beams Due To Collision”, The Thirteenth International Conference on Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering Computing, CC2011/2011, Crete, Greece.
48. Adel ElSafty and Matthew Graeff, (2011), “Optimum CFRP Repair Configuration For Damaged Prestressed Concrete Bridge Beams Due To Vehicle Collision Impact”, 2011 PCI Annual Convention and National Bridge Conference, Salt Lake City, Oct 22-26, 2011.
49. Adel ElSafty, Matthew Graeff, and Tim Morgan, (April 2010), The Effectiveness Of Repairing Prestressed Concrete Girders With Both Epoxy Injection And Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer, 2010 FHWA Bridge Engineering Conference: Highways for LIFE and Accelerated Bridge Construction in Orlando, Florida.
50. Adel ElSafty, Matthew Graeff, and Adam Brennan, (April 2010), Repair Of Damaged Steel Beams Composite With Concrete Deck Using Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymers (CFRP), 2010 FHWA Bridge Engineering Conference: Highways for LIFE and Accelerated Bridge Construction in Orlando, Florida.
51. Robert Bennett and Adel El-Safty, “Evaluation and Analysis of the repair of a post-tensioned, precast concrete, segmental bridge”, "OPEN PAPERS SESSION", ACI Spring 2010 Convention, Chicago.
52. Adel ElSafty, Adam Brennan, Angela Johnson, Brandon Burch, Michael Rivera, Christopher Price, Kaloyan Denev, and Matthew Graeff, (Feb 2010), Repair Of Damaged Concrete Beams Due To Collision Using Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymers (CFRP), 2010 Concrete Bridge Conference: Achieving Safe, Smart, and Sustainable Bridges (CBC 2010), Arizona.
53. Adel ElSafty, Khalid Yousri, and Hosam Seleem, (September 2009), Concrete Repair and Cathodic Protection of Corroded Reinforced Concrete Structure, The 2009 PCI Convention and National Bridge Conference, San Antonio, Texas.
54. Adel ELSAFTY, Ayman M. OKEIL, (July 2009), Repair of Pre-Cracked RC Beams Using CFRP Laminates. The 9th International Symposium on Fiber Reinforced Polymer Reinforcement for Concrete Structures (FRPRCS-9), Sydney, Australia.
55. Adel ElSafty and Upul Attanayake, (January 2009), The effectiveness of CFRP laminates in strengthening reinforced concrete girders, Transportation Research Board (TRB), Washington DC.
56. Adel ElSafty, Russell Coby, Upul Attanayake, and Khalid Yousri, (October 2008), Shear Strengthening of Reinforced Concrete Bridge Girders with FRP Laminates, Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute – Federal Highway Administration, PCI-FHWA National Bridge Conference, Orlando, Florida.
57. A. El-Safty, (June 2008), Behavior of RC bridge girders strengthened with CFRP laminates, First International Symposium on Life-Cycle Civil Engineering (IALCCE08), Varenna, Italy.
58. Adel El-Safty, (June 2008), Behaviour of RC bridge deck slabs and girders strengthened with CFRP laminates, STRUCTURAL FAULTS & REPAIR-2008, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
59. Adel El-Safty, (June 2008), Shear strengthening of reinforced concrete beams using CFRP laminates, STRUCTURAL FAULTS & REPAIR-2008, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
60. Adel ELSAFTY, Michael Zinszer, and George Morcous, (April 2008), Forensic Investigation of a Bridge Construction Scaffolding Collapse, Crossing Boarders- 2008 Structures Congress, Vancouver, Canada
61. Adel ELSAFTY, (April 2008), Extending the Service Life of Bridges Using FRP Repaired Beams and Continuous Decks, Crossing Boarders - 2008 STRUCTURES CONGRESS, Vancouver, Canada.
62. Adel ElSafty, (September 2007), Retrofit Of Bridge Decks Supported By Steel Girders, The 1st International Conference of European Asian Civil Engineering Forum (EACEF), Indonesia.
63. Adel El-Safty and Ayman M. Okeil, (October 2007), EXTENDING THE SERVICE LIFE OF BRIDGES USING CONTINUOUS DECKS, 2007 PCI National Bridge Conference, October 22-24, Phoenix, Arizona
64. A. El-Safty, "The Behaviour of Bridges with Jointless Decks Subjected to Time-Dependent Effects", in B.H.V. Topping, G. Montero, R. Montenegro, (Editors), "Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Computational Structures Technology", Civil-Comp Press, Stirlingshire, UK, Paper 140, 2006. doi:10.4203/ccp.83.140, http://dx.doi.org/10.4203/ccp.83.140
65. A. El-Safty, (Sept. 2006), The Behaviour of Bridges with Jointless Decks Subjected to Time-Dependent Effects, CST2006 - The 8th International Conference on Computational Structures Technology, Spain.
66. Adel K. El-Safty, S. Abdel-Baky, (Oct 24-26, 1998), The Use of a Sealer and a Top Coat to Protect Concrete Against Salt Attack and Influencing Factors, 23rd international conference, our world in concrete & structures, Singapore.
67. S. AbdelBaky, Adel K. El-Safty, (Oct 27-29, 1997), Protective Coating for Concrete Against Aggressive Environmental Attack, 5th International Conference, Deterioration and Repair of Reinforced Concrete in the Arabian Gulf, pp 585-594, Bahrain.
68. Bahnsawy , H.H., Adel K. El-Safty, (Oct 27-29, 1997), Evaluation of the Use of Polyester Resin Grout in Anchoring Steel Bars into Concrete, 5th International Conference, Deterioration and Repair of Reinforced Concrete in the Arabian Gulf, pp 573-584, Bahrain.
69. Adel El-Safty, (Dec. 1996), Deterioration of reinforced concrete structures subjected to salts attack, poor workmanship, and aggressive environment, Civil Engineering Department Magazine, Al-Azhar University.
70. M.M. Kamal, Adel K. El-Safty, H.H. Shaheen, (June 89), Strengthening Reinforced Concrete Beams in Flexure with Steel Plate. Proceedings, International Conference of Structural Faults & Repair (pp149-156), Edinburgh.
71. H. H. Shaheen, A. Abdel Rahman, M. M. Kamal, and Adel K. El-Safty, (March 89), Strengthening Reinforced Concrete Beams in Flexure with Steel Bars, Proceedings 3rd Arab Structural Engineering Conference, pp 527-547, UAE.