Areas of Expertise
sport management, marketing, fitness, sports, education, leadership, and higher ed, administration
Florida State University: Tallahassee, Florida
Doctor of Philosophy in Sport Administration, 2000
Dissertation: A Qualitative Analysis of Teacher and Student Perspectives of a Distance Learning Personal Fitness Class
Dr. Kane is the Chairperson for the Department of Leadership, School Counseling and Sport Management. She currently teaches the graduate Foundations of Sport Management course, Resource Development, Introduction to Sport Management, and Supervision of Internship. Her research areas of interest include professional preparation of sport management, fitness education, and marketing and promotion of sport. Dr. Kane has published her research in various sport management journals as well as presented at sport management conferences.
In addition to her teaching and research duties, Dr. Kane served as the Program Director for Sport Management for over 10 years. One of her primary professional interests is in curriculum and program development. She has chaired various department, college, and university committees including serving as the Faculty Assembly President.
· Nominated for the Outstanding Service Award (2011, 2012)
· Nominated for the UNF Mentor of the Year Award (2010)
· Outstanding Undergraduate Faculty Teaching Award (2006-2007).
· Nominated for the Outstanding Undergraduate Faculty Teaching Award (2003-2004 and 2002-2003). Nominated by COEHS faculty. Finalist
· 2001-2002: Sport Educator of the Year. Award given by the Florida Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Dance, and Sport.