The Magnolia Project
The Magnolia Project is a federal Healthy Start initiative intended to decrease the high rates of infant mortality in an area of Jacksonville most affected by this problem. The population served by Magnolia consists of women of child bearing age who reside in the target area and who have little or no regular access to health care. Magnolia provides services for this population in a store-front clinic located in the heart of the target area. The services include:
- well-woman medical services, and
- intensive case management consisting of counseling and referrals for services to local agencies.
CCI's responsibilities include:
- conducting interviews, focus groups and surveys with key stakeholders,
- coordinating data collection by project staff,
- performing data analysis, and
- preparing progress reports for funding agency and community partners.