James Van Vleck Promising Futures Scholarship
The purpose of this gift is to provide one-time scholarship funding for the University of North Florida Art and Design Majors in the College of Arts and Sciences to study abroad.
1. Students eligible for such scholarships must:
- Meet admissions requirements and be accepted to UNF
- Be accepted as a major in art history, ceramics and sculpture, graphic design, multimedia, painting, drawing or photography within the College of Arts and Sciences,
- Present at a regional or national conference or have a UNF approved study abroad trip scheduled to be completed prior to graduation, and
- Complete the application process and be selected by a committee appointed by the Chair of the Department of Art and Design and UNF faculty representatives.
2. Students awarded this scholarship must also agree to:
- Enroll full-time (12 credit hours) each semester and earn a minimum of 24 credits by the end of each academic year
- Comply with all University Regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students o campus,
- Consent to release grades to the Division of Institutional Advancement for the purpose of reporting to donors, and
- Remain in good standing as a student.
3. Required Application Attachments
- No student will be eligible to receive more than one study abroad scholarship. The amount of the award will be determined by the fund manager, but it cannot exceed the maximum cost of tuition, books, campus housing, meal plan, transportation and miscellaneous expenses, as reflected in the annual "Cost of Education" budget prepared by the Financial Aid Office.