Terry M. Bowen Scholarship for Political Science
Established in 2003, in memory of Dr. Terry M. Bowen. Bowen was an Associate professor at in the Political Science and Public Administration department at UNF, the faculty representative to the university's Board of Trustees, Faculty Association president and faculty athletic representative to the Athletic Department. This scholarship was created by friends and family and is intended for Political Science students.
1. Students eligible for such scholarships must:
- Meet admissions requirements and be accepted to the University of North Florida as a FTIC or transfer student,
- Reside in Florida for tuition purposes,
- Earn a minimum GPA of at least 3.0,
- Major in Political Science,
- Demonstrate financial need as defined by the University’s Office of Financial Aid, and
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
2. Students awarded this scholarship must also agree to:
- Enroll full-time each semester and earn a minimum of 24 credits by the end of each academic year for undergraduate students,
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0,
- File FAFSA form with the federal government each year
- Comply with all University Regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus,
- Consent to release grades to the Division of Institutional Advancement for the purpose of reporting to donors, and
- Remain in good standing as a student.
3. Required Application Attachments
- Yes, with preference, for a maximum of 9 semesters.