Upon successful completion of the intensive German language program, students will earn German language credit through the advanced intermediate level. This will complete the foreign language sequence for International Business and International Studies majors. All participants are required to attend the pre-departure meetings listed below.*
|Application Deadline|| October 1|| |
|Notification of Selection||within 5 business days of interview||N/A|
|DHBW Group Meeting ||TBD ||TBD|
|Intensive German Language Program in Germany||Class dates: January 8 - March 28, 2018 ||Jan. - March 2018|
The intensive German language program must have 5 UNF students enrolled in order to run. A maximum of 8 UNF students may participate each spring semester.
- Applicants must have a UNF GPA of 2.5 or above (1st semester transfer students must have a 3.0 transfer GPA or above).
- Applicants must have successfully completed GER1120: Beginning German I with a "C" or higher, or demonstrate equivalent knowledge.
German Language Courses
Students participating in this program will take all courses listed below:
- German as a Foreign Language, Beginners Level 2* (January 2016)
- German as a Foreign Language, Intermediate Level 1 (February 2016)
- German as a Foreign Language, Intermediate Level 2 (March 2016)
*Students who have completed Beginning German II are welcome to participate. During the first 4 weeks, these students will complete additional coursework and receive credit for lower-level Aspects of German Language & Culture instead of Beginners Level 2. They will take intermediate courses along with the rest of the cohort.
- Course - Aspects of German Culture: As more advanced German language students, students will have to give a presentation in addition to taking the first exam in the Beginners Level 2. The presentation topic will be decided on mutually between the professor and student. Moreover, depending on the level of proficiency in German, the teacher might assign other tasks to those students.