Nature of Work:
This is work coordinating physical facilities construction projects for the university.
- Acts as project representative on assigned construction and maintenance projects.
- Conducts on-site visits and inspections verifying compliance with contract documents.
- Generates requisitions to Architects, Engineers, Contractors and other related parties.
- Assists in developing and reviewing construction specifications.
- Responsible for reviewing drawings, specifications, cost estimates, and bids.
- Evaluates change orders and substitutions of materials, equipment, and workmanship.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of design and construction codes, materials and methods of construction and technical data.
- Responsible for insuring the fulfillment of contractual obligations.
A bachelor's degree in a directly related area of specialization and three years of experience directly related to the job functions or a high school diploma and seven years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.