The below information is taken from the University's policy on Hours of Work, Benefits and Leave Requirements (4.0120P).
- Annual leave is accrued and credited to your annual leave balance each pay period. You are able to see your updated annual leave balance via myWings on Tuesday of a pay week.
- Annual leave must be approved by the appropriate supervisor prior to use.
- Annual leave must be accrued prior to use.
- Annual leave can be used for any reason.
- Annual leave accrual rates are based on employee classes and years of service:
- Faculty and administrative employees earn 6.77 hours of annual leave per pay period.*
- Support staff employees with less than five years at UNF earn four hours of annual leave per pay period.*
- Support staff employees with at least five years, but less than 10 years at UNF earn five hours of annual leave per pay period.*
- Support staff employees with more than 10 years at UNF earn six hours of annual leave per pay period.*
- Leave can be accumulated to year-end maximums:
- Faculty and administrative employees: 352 hours
- Support staff employees: 240 hours
- Any annual leave in excess of the year-end maximums as of Dec. 31 will roll into the employee's sick leave balance, hour for hour.
- Any unused annual leave is paid out to the employee upon separation, up to the year-end maximums. Refer to the leave payouts page for more information.
- Employees may only use the amount of leave necessary to bring their total hours for the work week up to their contracted hours.
* The annual leave earning rates listed are for full-time (1.0 FTE) employees working 80 biweekly hours. The annual leave earning rate will be different for part-time employees and employees that do not work their entire biweekly hours. Contact the Office of Human Resources at (904) 620-2903 for more information on part-time annual leave accrual rates.