Nature of Work:
This is work performing specialized library tasks.
- Maintains fiscal and statistical records for acquisitions programs.
- Conducts research for library acquisitions regarding the availability of particular items and the prices to purchase and/or replace the materials.
- Conducts all bibliographic searches including specialized searches i.e. foreign language sources, governmental documents, and medical or legal references.
- Catalogs and maintains audio-visual materials.
- Instructs patrons in the use of a variety of library and reference resources.
- Corresponds with vendors to ascertain the availability of materials for purchase or to enter claims for damaged or missing items shipped.
A high school diploma and four years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related
college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required