Nature of Work:
This is work performing one or more phases of an information/public relations program.
- Assists in developing public relations goals and objectives for the unit.
- Conducts demographic research to determine message/medium appropriateness.
- Recommends a communications/publications strategy for disseminating information to the media.
- Provides material to the media and acts as spokesperson on matters of public interest.
- Creates marketing promotional materials.
- May create special reports for marketing and unit planning purposes.
A high school diploma and seven years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.