Nature of Work:
Performs accounting work associated with processing accounts payable/receivable documentation.
- Distributed, reviews and assigns work to subordinates.
- Processes data through an automated accounting system to record items such as operating expenses, accounting payables/receivables, travel expenses and other miscellaneous journal entries.
- Processes vendor invoices, direct pay forms, independent contract agreements and other formal documents requesting payment for goods and services.
- Reviews budget and account information on payments to ensure payment is drawn from the appropriate account.
- Reconciles discrepancies in amounts charged to accounts, which involve routine and recurring transactions; researches differences.
- Contacts departments and/or vendors for required correction to documentation.
- Reviews transactions rejected by the accounting system. Researches the reason for the rejection (e.g., coding, mathematical error) and makes the necessary corrections.
High school diploma and four years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.