Nature of Work:
This is work coordinating a maintenance program for an assigned facility.
- Maintains electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Performs maintenance on metal, brick or frame buildings including plumbing.
- Prepares purchase requests and maintains tool inventories.
- Obtains proposals from private repair vendors for projects.
- Establishes and conducts a preventive maintenance program for buildings and equipment.
- Develops procedures and training for assigned staff.
Completion of an approved apprenticeship program for multiple trades and one year of experience directly related to the job functions; or a high school diploma and four years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.