Nature of Work:
This is work inspecting and treating buildings and grounds for pest infestations requiring restricted use
- Inspects building interiors, exteriors, and adjacent grounds for insect or rodent infestations.
- Mixes restricted-use pesticides.
- Operates and maintains a variety of pesticide equipment.
- Assists in fumigations to control pest infestations.
- Removes troublesome or dangerous vertebrates as part of a rabies control program.
- Prepares daily records on pesticide usage and pest infestation.
Must meet the requirements of Chapters 482 and 487, Florida Statutes and a high school diploma and one year of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.