Nature of Work:
This is work coordinating construction projects for the university.
- Reviews and approves drawings and specifications, cost estimates, and bids.
- Prepares evaluative reports relative to all aspects of force account construction projects.
- Approves and initiates change orders and substitutions of materials, equipment, and workmanship.
- Conducts routine site, substantial completion, and final inspection of building projects.
- Approves or assists in approving requisitions and payments to architects, engineers, contractors, and other contributing parties.
- Ensures or assists in insuring fulfillment of contractual obligations.
A bachelor's degree in a directly related area of specialization and two years of experience directly related to the job functions or a high school diploma and six years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.