Nature of Work:
This is work performing specialized paraprofessional library tasks.
- Generates classification numbers for domestic and foreign library material.
- Reviews and/or assigns subject headings and added entries for card catalogs in accordance with UNF’s cataloging policies.
- Supervises, coordinates and determines materials to be sent to commercial binders; study binding problems and suggest solutions.
- Establishes and maintain various records and correspondence for assigned projects within the library.
- Maintains fiscal and statistical records for acquisitions programs.
- Conducts all bibliographic searches including specialized searches i.e. foreign language sources, governmental documents, and medical or legal references.
- Corresponds with vendors to ascertain the availability of materials for purchase.
A bachelor's degree and one year of experience directly related to the job functions or a high school diploma and five years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.