The purpose of job sharing is to meet the needs of a department and/or the University as well as the changing work/life balance needs of University employees where two part-time (.50 FTE) employees may be warranted to fulfill the workload of one full-time (1.0 FTE) position.
Managers and supervisors may determine, on a case-by-case basis, that a 1.0 FTE line may be filled by two part-time positions (.50 FTE each). Managers are asked to carefully assess the merits of this arrangement as two employees may be impacted by this arrangement.
- If it is determined that the arrangement is temporary, and that one full-time employee will be necessary, the part-time positions should be posted as time-limited. The Office of Human Resources will ensure that a time-limited agreement is signed by those hired into the positions.
- The appropriate higher-level supervisor(s) should approve the request.
- Managers must complete an online recruitment request through the OASys hiring official site, and indicate on the request that it is a job-sharing recruitment.
- The position must be advertised as Part-time: Job-sharing.
- Successful candidates must meet the minimum requirements for the position.
- The selected new hires will receive benefits appropriate to part-time employment (pro rata annual and sick leave accrual; health and life benefits with premiums appropriate to part-time employee)
NOTE: The latest version of the Adobe Reader software is required to view some of the content on this page. You can download the latest version of the free Adobe Reader from the Adobe web page.